Non-motoring > Bailiffs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

Bailiffs - bathtub tom
It gets better.

Had a letter from the council threatening debt collector agency/bailiffs for non payment of council tax at my old property. I knew I was up to date when I moved out.
Sent an email and got a phone call, confirming the correct forms had been completed and submitted and there didn't appear to be any reason they hadn't been 'actioned'.

A few weeks further on, I get a court summons for non payment of council tax at my old property. I call the council this time and eventually get to speak to someone who said they could see the correct forms had been completed and submitted. they could also see my previous email and phone call stating all was in order. I tell them I'd be happy to attend to the court, turn up with my conveyancing solicitor and statements showing all previous payments. When they said that would cost me money, I replied it wouldn't cost me, but with costs and expenses should be an interesting experience.
Within a couple of hours I receive an email stating the summons and additional charges had been lifted! I was quite disappointed.
 Messages Author Date
 Bailiffs  bathtub tom 2 Sep 22 11:54
 Bailiffs  smokie 2 Sep 22 12:37
 Bailiffs  zippy 3 Sep 22 12:27
 Bailiffs  Dog 3 Sep 22 14:15
 Bailiffs  R.P. 4 Sep 22 21:51
 Bailiffs  Fullchat 4 Sep 22 22:42
 Bailiffs  bathtub tom 23 Nov 22 17:03
 Bailiffs  zippy 23 Nov 22 17:20
 Bailiffs  Bromptonaut 23 Nov 22 18:00
 Bailiffs  Ted 23 Nov 22 22:51
Latest Forum Posts