Non-motoring > Bailiffs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

Bailiffs - Ted

I recently had a brush with authority. An A4 sized letter arrived with a window for the address. The contents had slipped up and all I could see was our address and part of a line reading " You are charged with the offence of...."

On opening it was for my grandson..DM. It was a plea form and circumstances questionnaire for riding on the tram without paying on 29th June. They were taking him to court seeking £120. I knew he had been caught earlier in the year but he swore he hadn't done it again. I also knew I had taken the tram to town to pay his £50 fine shortly afterwards but I couldn't find a record on my bank statement. I assumed he had been done again and duly filled in the forms with him pleading guilty.

Fast forward about 5 weeks, last weekend I was sorting some paperwork out at home and I found a stamped receipt for £50 on July 11th. I checked the statement again and there was the payment, but credited to a name I didn't associate with the tram people.

I rang the prosecutions dep. and a nice lady said the case had already been heard by the justices but to email her the receipt and she'd ring me back. She did so at 0900 the following day, profusely apologised and said the payment people had not sent the payment to the prosecutions people (her) 4 months ago and she'd sorted it and nothing further would happen.

Relief for me as I'm sure I would have been paying it for him !

Ted
 Messages Author Date
 Bailiffs new bathtub tom 2 Sep 22 11:54
 Bailiffs new smokie 2 Sep 22 12:37
 Bailiffs new zippy 3 Sep 22 12:27
 Bailiffs new Dog 3 Sep 22 14:15
 Bailiffs new R.P. 4 Sep 22 21:51
 Bailiffs new Fullchat 4 Sep 22 22:42
 Bailiffs new bathtub tom 23 Nov 22 17:03
 Bailiffs new zippy 23 Nov 22 17:20
 Bailiffs new Bromptonaut 23 Nov 22 18:00
 Bailiffs new Ted 23 Nov 22 22:51