Non-motoring > Bailiffs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

Bailiffs - Fullchat
When my Mother moved close by she received several letters addressed to a previous but one occupant demanding payments amounting to around £15K.

I returned them with an accompanying letter explaining explaining the current situation and suggested they check the voters register to corroborate my account.

Butt still the letters kept coming. So a phone call to a premium rate number - thieves when people have problems, to once again explain.

And still they kept coming as they kept moving the debt on, to a different business in the same building :S

Finally a recorded delivery letter suggesting that that they were in breach of data protection as the information they held was incorrect despite having been informed and also easily checked. Also informing them that any further intervention by myself would incur a fee of £100 a pop.

They responded suggesting that they had no record of my previous correspondence but noted my updated information. Wish I'd sent it recorded delivery. It all stopped after that.

Last edited by: Fullchat on Sun 4 Sep 22 at 22:43
 Messages Author Date
 Bailiffs new bathtub tom 2 Sep 22 11:54
 Bailiffs new smokie 2 Sep 22 12:37
 Bailiffs new zippy 3 Sep 22 12:27
 Bailiffs new Dog 3 Sep 22 14:15
 Bailiffs new R.P. 4 Sep 22 21:51
 Bailiffs new Fullchat 4 Sep 22 22:42
 Bailiffs new bathtub tom 23 Nov 22 17:03
 Bailiffs new zippy 23 Nov 22 17:20
 Bailiffs new Bromptonaut 23 Nov 22 18:00
 Bailiffs new Ted 23 Nov 22 22:51