Non-motoring > BT Line Rental Saver Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 7

BT Line Rental Saver - Ambo
I don't recall this being raised here before but BT have offered it to me for several years now. This year they offer a 12-month discounted cover for £219.14 including a £19.99 monthly discount. (My usual monthly discounted payment is about £43.)

Up to now, I have responded to telephone calls asking for the money and paid through them. This year, it is an email with a tag to go to the payment facility but in fact it just lands me in a
welter of connections, none of which mentions line rental saver. For that matter, I have never been able to get an explanation of why I can't simply authorise an increase in my direct debit to allow for it.

Before I engage in an interminable wait on the phone to get through to BT, can anyone enlighten me on this facility please?
 BT Line Rental Saver - smokie
Full price £43 - is that just for a landline?

If so I'm sure you could do considerably better.
 BT Line Rental Saver - zippy
“Now” offer phone, calls and FTTC broadband for £20 a month.
 BT Line Rental Saver - Robin O'Reliant
>> “Now” offer phone, calls and FTTC broadband for £20 a month.
>>

Cheers for that, if it's still the same when my Plusnet contract ends in September I'm in (Unless they match it, of course).
 BT Line Rental Saver - bathtub tom
>> why I can't simply authorise an increase in my direct debit

If you're sure you pay by direct debit, then I wouldn't have thought you need to do anything. BT control how much money they take!

Have you tried googling 'BT Line Rental Saver'?
 BT Line Rental Saver - Ambo
Yes, to no effect. By the way, the latest monthly bill was £41.90, for broadband and 3 "out of plan" phone calls (I don't use the phone much).
 BT Line Rental Saver - bathtub tom
You're paying too much.

I'm with Plusnet (effectively BT). It's just gone up to £19.86 for unlimited slowband and line rental, plus £9.41 for 24/7 calls to landlines and mobiles.

I'd suggest you look at MSE.
 BT Line Rental Saver - Dog
>>You're paying too much.

De acuerdo. I pays £18:95 for fibre to the cab, with Onestream. Calls are made wiv 'smart' phone via giffgaff.
Latest Forum Posts