Motoring Discussion > Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Lemma Replies: 12

Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal - Lemma
The Avensis has been insured with LV for a number of year, as has our other vehicle giving us a supposed additional 10% discount. I have been very please with the service I have received from them up to now so have stayed with them, accepting a modest increase on renewing.

The other vehicle, a Yaris, was due for renewal a month or two back. A quick online check showed they were out by about £40, a sum worth worrying about. I tried to phone but was number X in the queue and got fed up with waiting, so they lost the opportunity for that business.

The Avensis renewal has come through this morning. Up from £287 to £315. I have of course lost the notional 10% discount which may not have helped. A quick search shows John Lewis at £220 the cheapest.

I am quite happy with the thought of switching to JL, and saving £95. Interesting to note that LV did not quote on the two comparison sites I visited, the second of which offered the JL policy for £250. As ever, it pays to shop around.
 Messages Author Date
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Lemma 30 Jun 21 11:18
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Crankcase 30 Jun 21 11:51
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Terry 30 Jun 21 12:42
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new martin aston 30 Jun 21 15:13
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Manatee 30 Jun 21 15:19
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Crankcase 30 Jun 21 18:17
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Lemma 30 Jun 21 21:14
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewa.. new Bill Payer 1 Jul 21 16:26
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renew.. new smokie 1 Jul 21 17:13
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Bill Payer 1 Jul 21 17:36
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewa.. new Crankcase 1 Jul 21 22:06