Motoring Discussion > Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Lemma Replies: 12

Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal - Bill Payer
>> I certainly agree with the positive comments about LV.

Both wife and I, and our oldest daughter, are insured with LV=.

I wasn't impressed by how they handled no-fault write off of daughter's car a couple of years ago Owned from new and "no expense spared" on maintenence, cambelt, Cross-Climate tyres etc, it had a bit of a bump in the back. Repairer said they'd fix it then next thing daughter gets a message saying cheque's in the post and we're coming for the courtesy car - as she lives in a rural area she'd be stuck.

For the valuation they used a similar car in Autotrader that had obviously been mis-priced to make it appear top of the seach results. They did agree to extend the hire car for a week and upped the value from 5K to £5,500 but stone-walled any further discusssion. I genuinely think £6K would have been fair, and even that is quite a bit less than it was worth to us - it was one of the last of the fairly 'basic' cars, with manual handbrake etc and we'd have kept it for many years.

Someone on another forum wanted the car and LV weren't co-operative, insisting it had already gone to Copart, when it turned out it hadn't. I thought someone had knabbed it as it would have been an easy fix, but it did eventually show up there, oddly quite a long time later.

And both wife and I premiums went up this year - mine for the first time for years, her's has been steadily creeping up. I did call about wife's and again (seems to be a theme in my experience) they stone-walled any suggestion of a reduction based on other quotes. I'm reluctant to mess around with wife's cover as both the kids are on there with full business use, which I understand is unusual.
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Thu 1 Jul 21 at 16:29
 Messages Author Date
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Lemma 30 Jun 21 11:18
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Crankcase 30 Jun 21 11:51
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Terry 30 Jun 21 12:42
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new martin aston 30 Jun 21 15:13
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Manatee 30 Jun 21 15:19
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Crankcase 30 Jun 21 18:17
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Lemma 30 Jun 21 21:14
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance ren.. new Bill Payer 1 Jul 21 16:26
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renew.. new smokie 1 Jul 21 17:13
 Toyota Avensis - Insurance renewal new Bill Payer 1 Jul 21 17:36