Non-motoring > Doggy advice Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 8

Doggy advice - Bobby
Since you lot came up trumps with the fireworks suggestion, heres's another one.

Lab pup is now 8 months old. We got him in July at 8 weeks and from July to early Jan I wasn't working so had a set routine in morning of getting up, letting him out the cage, toileting , breakfast and usually a nap on my lap as I had my morning coffee.

Over the course of the day he could be left alone, either whilst I was upstairs, or out the house altogether for a couple of hours. He would lie in his bed in the living room , or on the couch and no issues.

I started work and his morning routine has changed however, he simply cannot be left alone now - 10 mins on his own whilst grabbing a shower and he starts chewing on the cushion or ripping his (5th and last) bed apart. As a result of this, he is now put back in his cage (which he seems to like).

I realise there are a whole load of behaviours, insecurities and possibly anxieties at play here but any suggestion as to how we get him back to been able to be left?
 Messages Author Date
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 20:43
 Doggy advice new MD 31 Jan 20 20:52
 Doggy advice new legacylad 31 Jan 20 21:06
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 21:21
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 21:51
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:21
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:25
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:28
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 22:30
Latest Forum Posts