Non-motoring > Doggy advice Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 8

Doggy advice - Bobby
Cheers but should have clarified - he is not left alone all day. Bit more detail.

Missus works 3 long shifts a week so 4 days of week she is home. When she works, we (me, missus and 2 adult kids) are all out to work by 8.30 at which point he goes in cage till about 10am when my mother in law comes up and takes him for the day - she also has b-i-l's lab and the two of them have a great time , down the nature trails etc etc.

So he may be left for 15 mins whilst folk shower in morning , or he may be left for an hour or two during the day whilst missus goes to the shops etc. With both these scenarios he was previously fine and would just lie on couch in living room, or in his bed in corner of living room. But now the same scenario means he rips cushions apart, rips his bed apart.

And re cage, we tried the scenario of leaving him in the utility room overnight with his cage door open - but he just attached the door and skirting to try and get out. So he is now in the cage with door locked at night again - we got him a bigger cage so plenty of space and he does run into it at night when we say "Bedtime".

Our last dog, the black lab, whatever we did with the training, we did a good job as he was a cracking, well trained dog that I could take into the hospice and he would be allowed amongst the patients as well as up in the offices. But of course, it was 9 years ago that we were at this same stage and we are not sure what we are doing wrong this time! I know that I havent helped things by being about the house the first 6 months he has been with us but he did have a lot of variety in that time.

Messages Author Date
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 20:43
 Doggy advice new MD 31 Jan 20 20:52
 Doggy advice new legacylad 31 Jan 20 21:06
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 21:21
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 21:51
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:21
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:25
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:28
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 22:30
Latest Forum Posts