Non-motoring > Doggy advice Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 8

Doggy advice - Zero
I know you cant help it, but the transition from company, few hours alone, to work all day has been too fast at too young an age. Not available to you I know, the ideal way round this would be to go back to square one and build it up again slowly.

Now dogs are great at putting human body language together in context. He now knows the morning routine that means he will be left alone all day. To him you getting up, breakfast, morning shower, cup tea, putting on your work shoes all means one thing.

My fast fix would be to break up your morning routine daily, change the order of things, leave things out. Do the same morning routine on days off, and build up the period you leave the house, 20 mins, 40 mins hour etc etc. leave come back feed him a treat Disrupt stuff, don't let him know what going to happen on any day.

And of course, I think we discussed this. The cage is a safe lair, available door open at all times, Don't be frightened to leave him with just a cage, a bowl of water and nothing else - no comforts, as long as its dry, out of the wind and has access to water its fine.

See how you go with that
 Messages Author Date
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 20:43
 Doggy advice new MD 31 Jan 20 20:52
 Doggy advice new legacylad 31 Jan 20 21:06
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 21:21
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 21:51
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:21
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:25
 Doggy advice new Zero 31 Jan 20 22:28
 Doggy advice new Bobby 31 Jan 20 22:30
Latest Forum Posts