Non-motoring > Scarlett Keeling murder trial Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Chris S Replies: 3

Scarlett Keeling murder trial - Chris S
Does anybody know what the outcome of the Scarlett Keeling murder trial (in Goa) was?

All I can seem to find was that two men had been charged with her murder over a year ago.
 Scarlett Keeling murder trial - Iffy
The last reliable information I can find is from February when the prosecutor resigned during the trial which had already been running for 11 months.

Had that happened here, I imagine the trial would be abandoned and the prosecution would have to consider if they were going to have another go.

The mother - Fiona Mackeown - was campaigning on behalf of her daughter, but she appears to have fallen silent.

That may have something to do with a conviction for £19K of benefits fraud.

Last update on that was she may have to sell her smallholding in Devon to repay what she stole.

But that's complicated because there are tyres stored on it, and there's a barn which may not have planning permission.

I'm no Facebook expert, but a couple of support sites also seem to have had no updates for a year or more.

Ms Mackeown does have a Facebook page, there's not much on it, although it appears you could send her a message.

Given her conviction for dishonesty and the conspiracy theories surrounding the murder case, I would treat any information from her with caution.

Scarlett Keeling murder trial - R.P.
Good update - there's some stuff on the Times of India site, good paper that !
 Scarlett Keeling murder trial - Crankcase
Agreed. The Times of India is one of few English language newspapers that's well written and makes intelligent reading, and it outshines much of our own national press. It's like going back in, well, time.
Latest Forum Posts