Computer Related > Deleting email address's from windows live mail Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 12

Deleting email address's from windows live mail - Dog
I've tried to do this for months now, I watched youtubes about it, but it just doesn't work for me,

I know all about clicking tools etc., but when I click tools, nuffink happens,

Come back outlook express, all is forgiven!
 Deleting email address's from windows live mail - ....
Do any of the menu dropdowns work or is it just Tools ? Which version ?
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 17 Dec 11 at 16:09
No, none of the menu dropdowns work for some reason,

I presume it's the latest version as (1) this computer is fairly new and (2) updates are on auto.
 Deleting email address's from windows live mail - John H
Have you tried
explore.live.com/windows-live-contacts-edit-using
?
I've tried that John, but there is no " Contacts in the left column of my inbox"

And I can't see any "Manage your contacts" anywhere.
Go to

home.live.com/?rru=home&livecom=1

or

explore.live.com/hotmail

Sign in and manage your contacts there.

Thanks, I'll report back :)
Assuming you are trying to remove contacts, and not accounts as per gmac's reply below, then note that

1. latest release of WLM is 2011 (Build 15.4.3538.0513)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_Mail

2. contacts button should be at bottom left of the screen - see screenshot of slightly earlier version:
www.filehippo.com/screenshot/windows_live_mail/8862_1/
 Deleting email address's from windows live mail - ....
Can we just clarify what you are trying to do here Dog.

When I read the OP and the reference to the Tools dropdown made me think you were trying to remove an email account. John H's reply is looking at contacts.

How many login screens do you go through to get access to Windows Live Mail ? My menu bar is dimmed while the second login screen for connection to the server waits. I have my machine so it does not auto connect.
Thanks gmac and John - I've sussed it with your help, after all this time :-)

With the help of John's link I could (or not) see that the 'contacts' at the bottom left, were missing,

So (you're not gonna believe this) I dragged and expanded the window, and there it was all the time!

There's no fool like an old fool :D

ps - it was email address's I wanted to delete, not accounts.
S'funny seeing icons for mail - calendar - contacts - feeds and newsgroups at the bottom LH side of windows live mail,

I've been on-line for over 10 years now, so not a complete idiot when it comes to computers but, having used outlook express since the beginning of time, windows live mail took some getting used to,

I've been trying for months to find out how to delete defunct email address's and I would get quite annoyed with the blimming thing at times,

If I'd have met windows live mail out in the street I'd have given it a good rub down with The Sporting Life!
(or sent for Dutchie)
 Deleting email address's from windows live mail - Stuartli
I got so fed up with Windows Live Mail (I had acquired a new Windows7 system) that I returned to Mozilla Thunderbird and never regretted it.
Yes, I've downloaded and use Thunderbird, I've also got a Gmail & Yahoo! account but,

I've sort-of got used to Windows Live mail now and use that client in the main.
Latest Forum Posts