Non-motoring > Just been assaulted Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fursty Ferret Replies: 50

Just been assaulted - Fursty Ferret
Was on a train up in Scotland and this old ticket guy wouldn't leave me alone, kept accusing me of having the wrong ticket but his eyesight must've been failing him as I definitely had a return despite him accusing me of having a single. to make it even worse he didn't ask any other people on the train to check the ticket, just kept accusing me... so worse case scenario I should get a fine that i could then argue against by providing the right ticket yeah?

Nope, no following of the official policies or procedures! Some fat guy got up from a few seats away and assaulted me, actually threw me off the train!!! Didn't let me get my bag with my ipod and diabetes medicine in it either. In the struggle i dropped my ticket so no chance of me being able to prove i had the right one.

Instead of trying to protect me from being assaulted the other passengers actually applauded the guy who assaulted me.

I'm furious, what should I do?

* Would love to claim credit for this but part of it is lifted from another forum.
 Just been assaulted - Lygonos
Having seen the video evidence about your case, I would personally have given you a good kicking just for wearing that stupid hat.

And then thrown you off the train.
 Just been assaulted - RattleandSmoke
Joking aside something similar once happened to me. I refused to leave a bus, but did once the police were called....

My farther needed rescuing as he got himself locked out of the Fiesta when we first bought it, turns out there was a fault with the central locking.

I wasn't driving at the time so I had to get a bus, the 22. It is run by Worstbus and Stagefreight, but the Megarider is valid on the Worstbus 22 but no other ticket. Magicbus is a trading name of Stagefright and the Megarider I bought was bought on a Magicbus, so the ticket said "Magicbus Megarider" underneath it is says Stagefright Manchester.

The old bus driver refused to let me on with the ticket, saying it was not a Stagecoach and Magicbus is a different company. I was going mad saying why does it say Stagecoach on it then I argued with him for ten minutes and only got off when another bus turned up behind.

I did complain but 4.5 years later the rare times I get this bus it is still happening, it is so confusing what tickets are valid and what are not.

My point it is sometimes ticket inspectors/bus drivers do it get it wrong, though in the Youtube case it looked like he was just trying it on and the bint deserved to be chucked off.
 Just been assaulted - Duncan
The family should take the case to the European court ;-)

Link to Torygraph

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/8953591/Train-vigilante-should-face-assault-charge.html
 Just been assaulted - VxFan
>> My farther

Does he suffer from wind?
 Just been assaulted - MD
>> >> My farther
>>
>> Does he suffer from wind?
>>
Perfick Vx. Just perfick.
 Just been assaulted - zookeeper

>> I wasn't driving at the time so I had to get a bus, the 22.
>> It is run by Worstbus and Stagefreight, but the Megarider is valid on the Worstbus
>> 22 but no other ticket. Magicbus is a trading name of Stagefright and the Megarider
>> I bought was bought on a Magicbus, so the ticket said "Magicbus Megarider" underneath it
>> is says Stagefright Manchester.

rattle... get your blood sugars checked
 Just been assaulted - MD
I do so love Ratty's posts. At times I want to blame the Hobgoblin for my misunderstandings of them, but then again................it just might be him.

MD
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 15 Dec 11 at 00:23
 Just been assaulted - VxFan
>> I'm furious, what should I do?

I think you should be shot in front of your family.
 Just been assaulted - madf
"I'm furious, what should I do?"

Give me your home address and I'll send someone# round to give you some caresses and cuddles.

# He's a 20 stone cage wrestler...
 Just been assaulted - Pat
Would you like me to come and sort him out for you, Fursty?

Pat
 Just been assaulted - Armel Coussine
>> sort him out for you, Fursty?

I couldn't help thinking longingly of you and your baseball bat when looking at the clip in the London Women thread, Pat. You might well have been able to calm the situation.

Although actually the drunk woman, although unsteady on her feet, was built like a tank and very clearly accustomed to abuse and violence. A sad pathetic figure, nevertheless hard for anyone to handle physically without the risk of injury to anyone. Ghastly.

However if several of the passengers had started berating her for her appalling behaviour instead of encouraging her by laughing, she might have been intimidated enough to back off.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 14 Dec 11 at 17:14
 Just been assaulted - Pat
I think you've got me weighed up AC:)

I've been short of time to read the forum this week but just had a quick flick through some other threads and came out with the overwhelming thought....

I'm NOT a Girlie and I do dress to please.....please myself!

Pat
 Just been assaulted - MD
Send us a pic then (0:0:0) x
 Just been assaulted - Armel Coussine
In the bushy-tailed Bryony Gordon's Terrorflag column today, she makes the thoughtful point that whether or not the drunk diabetic student had been sold the wrong ticket by mistake, the bureaucratic complexity of rail ticketing these days and the jobsworth comportment of ticket inspectors (including, one has to say, that of the inspector in the clip at the beginning of all this) causes frequent difficulty for travellers and sometimes results in treatment of them which is little short of outrageous.

I think this is a valid point. What after all prevented the inspector from having the boy questioned on arrival at his destination? Why did he feel it necessary to stop the train and threaten everyone with delays? Power-crazed petty officialdom, as we all know, can be irksome when not downright sinister.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 15 Dec 11 at 14:47
 Just been assaulted - Bromptonaut

>> What after all prevented the inspector from having
>> the boy questioned on arrival at his destination? Why did he feel it necessary to
>> stop the train and threaten everyone with delays? Power-crazed petty officialdom, as we all know,
>> can be irksome when not downright sinister.

I made the same point elsewhere earlier today.

Saying he was holding the train until the laddy got off left the conductor no fall back. He was also risking other passengers missing connections, last buses etc. However awkward the kid was turfing someone young, ill clad and under the influence out into a cold night in a strange place might not be 'duty of care, compliant.

Round my way they sort out a reception committee of transplod and or RPI backup, usually at Milton Keynes.

And the inspectors don't always know their own rules. Witnessed one recently trying to charge a Brum bound customer the peak supplement on a particular train. He was at least polite when I pointed out that the peak restriction on that train didn't apply to stations after Rugby.

And IMHO the big fella was just looking for a bundle
 Just been assaulted - madf
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075430/Ticket-inspector-stabbed-train-challenging-teenagers-fare.html
 Just been assaulted - Dog
It's in the Terrorflag as well :)

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8962924/Ticket-inspector-stabbed-after-asking-two-youths-to-leave-train.html
 Just been arrested - Iffy
Two people nicked for the ticket inspector stabbing:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-16239056
 Just been arrested - Crankcase
Guess it had to happen.

"Big Man" charged with assault.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16288101
 Just been arrested - Bromptonaut
Quite right too. The PF presumably thinks there is a prospect of conviction; let the jury or bench decide.

Miladdo has not got off. Been reported to the fiscal for abusive language and trespass on the railway.
 Just been arrested - R.P.
Trouble is no-one had the bottle to tell the horrible, foul mouthed little yob to get lost.
 Just been arrested - Fullchat
And a line of do gooders fawning over him. So who wins out of all this and what lesson has he learned?
>> And a line of do gooders fawning over him. So who wins out of all
>> this and what lesson has he learned?

He's been viewed n million times around the world by folks who almost universally see him as a potty mouthed twerp. When he's completed his surveying course employers will take one look at his name and remember that video.

Any do gooding is about what happened next and the big fella who I still maintain was a bully up for a stooshie.
Don't agree about the bully bit I'm afraid.

Someone had to stand up for what was right and not just allow the foul mouthed little yob to do as he pleased.

Saw the likes of him tearing London apart in the Summer.

Its about boundaries and learning acceptable behaviour. He learned his lesson that day.
 Just been arrested - Zero
>> Don't agree about the bully bit I'm afraid.
>>
>> Someone had to stand up for what was right and not just allow the foul
>> mouthed little yob to do as he pleased.
>>
>> Saw the likes of him tearing London apart in the Summer.
>>
>> Its about boundaries and learning acceptable behaviour. He learned his lesson that day.

I doubt the courts will back your feelings up. The establishment is just as scared of vigilantes as it is rioters and looters.
We'll wait and see.
Indeed. Here a virtual fiver he will get convicted. Not betting on sentence tho.
Maybe public opinion may sway the end result.

Maybe a Conditional Discharge if they have such a thing in Scotland. Unfortunately the BIg Guy will have a record (unless he already has one)
He's a hard working bloke in a job that won't tolerate a conviction..
No argument about boundaries and acceptable behaviour (though, as he remained seated, I don't see the comparison with rioters).

But the lesson would be learned by a Transplod/RPI reception committee at next stop and an appointment with the Scots equivalent of the Magistrates Court.
Would I have done the same thing as the 'Big Man'. Probably yes but made sure he landed softly on the platform ;-)
landing on the platform nose first was probably the bit where the response was disproportionate.
 Just been arrested - rtj70
If I was on that train I'd be up as witness to the big chap (on his side). I don't think he deserves a conviction.

Maybe the guy who took the video shouldn't have taken it and certainly not posted it online.

This sort of video taking and then posting is too invasive.
 Just been arrested - bathtub tom
A lawyer friend was convinced no jury would convict Tony Martin.

Perhaps this guy will get a more sympathetic (Scottish) jury, if he elects for trial that way.
...Perhaps this guy will get a more sympathetic (Scottish) jury, if he elects for trial that way...

He will need to carefully consider his court tactics.

Manhandling a person off a train is likely to be charged as common assault, which is triable only in a magistrates court (sheriffs' court up there, I think) so no jury.

The lad is claiming a facial injury, which is more likely to be charged as assault occasioning actual bodily harm - triable in either court - giving the defendant the option of a jury.

This may be a rare case in which it suits the defendant to be charged with the more serious offence.

Having said that, I've rarely seen cases in which a jury returns a not guilty verdict because they appear to think the case should not have been brought in the first place.

When it comes to it, most juries convict if the offence is made out, even if they have sympathy with the defendant - as Tony Martin discovered.
 Just been arrested - madf
I would plead afraid the collector would be knifed due to aggressive rant of the scum, looked as if he was drunk etc. etc

I.e not self defence but defence of collector...
 Just been arrested - devonite
He could tell the court that he has already done his community service!
He could plead John Prescott told him how to do it...
So - should he get charged as well?

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16300956.stm
...So - should he get charged as well?...

If the case was heard in this country, he'd probably get away with self-defence for the first kick.

But administering two more while the pitch invader was on the ground would go badly against him.

Just been arrested - Lygonos
Nonsense.

At 0:04 you can see the invader is attempting to assault him - he was just making sure he didn't get up to continue his assault.
Simple defence: he hit me, the balance of my mind was disturbed.. did not know what I was doing.

Verdict : not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.

Next!
...Nonsense...

Lygonos,

You might think it's nonsense, as in not sensible, but I've seen many self-defence defences fail because the defendant did not stop administering violence after he had put his attacker to the ground.

If you want a not guilty verdict in court - as opposed to natural justice - never, ever, kick someone when they are on the ground.

Just been arrested - BobbyG
Remember in Scotland we also have not proven.........

I assume what none of us are seeing will be the CCTV coverage of the platform and maybe more accurately what happened there?
Yeah - Not proven is strange

Does this show up on a CRB check? Does it count as a conviction? can you get your DNA /Prints removed from the database? (I know you cant in England even if found not guilty)

Thats a good cop out for the jury.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16308483

A goalie attacked by a drunken thug.
The goalie was defending himself. The drunk who attacked him was still breathing.
 Just been arrested - Roger.
Actually the only time to kick someone is when they ARE on the ground.
Aim a kick at an upright (as in vertical!) person and it is simplicity itself to grab the rising leg and a quick tug upwards will see the kicker on the ground.
Once your attacker is on the ground the quickest disabling method (maybe on a permanent basis) is to drop with your knees onto his chest.
(Oh, Yer Honour - I felt dizzy and fell down, unfortunately landing on my attacker)
Never hold a knife to deliver a downwards blow - (bounces off ribs, you see) - always hold it so that the blade is parallel to the ground and the strike slightly upwards between the ribs.
All from dimly remembered unarmed Commando combat training, many years ago,.
I did jujitsu for years. The easiest way to disable someone on the ground is to hit them hard with your stiffened clenched fingers on the larynx (which will crush it and probably kill them - certainly maim for life) or with the back of the first in the groin (which will leave them doubled in agony for hours)..

Dropping with knees on chest can be avoided by turning sideways and rolling away.. hitting your knees on the ground can at best hurt.. at worst disable YOU for weeks...

Jujitsu taught lots of nasty tricks.. ideal for street fighting...It was quite normal to see blood in practise .. A well executed throw can break bones...
Last edited by: madf on Fri 23 Dec 11 at 13:18
 Just been arrested - Dog
S'funny, I haven't been following this thread but, I just 'looked in' and you're discussing the very subject I've been researching i.e. pressure point techniques used in martial arts (in case I ever meet Zero)
Latest Forum Posts