Technical Car/Motor Issues > Hyundai i10 Clutch problems Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 9

Hyundai i10 Clutch problems - kb
I had a pre facelifted one that did SUDDENLY develop clutch judder after a couple of months (but only having left the car unused for a week hence being as cold as it could have been). Eventually a new clutch was fitted and that fixed it (at least for the short time that I kept the car prior to selling it).

I spoke to a Hyundai area manager recently. He agreed it took them a very long time to solve it. It was, according to him, the torque settings on the springs on the plate that they couldn't get right. I do believe it's OK now on the facelifted models.

However he was aware of clutch cables stretching prematurely and needing adjustment. The Hyundai forum is awash with information about clutch judder, clutch cables, headlight adjustment motors, revs increasing during changes from 1st to 2nd (and to a lesser extent, 2nd to 3rd).....plus other bits and bobs.

I do now have an automatic facelifted one. I bought the auto because I didn't want to chance the.....judder, stretched cable, increased rpm between changes, the clonk between 1st and 2nd that mine did if you wasn't very careful and also I DID find mine uncommonly easy to stall, compared to every other car I've had.

Regrettably my auto is exhibiting a strange "characteristic" which would have prevented me buying it if I knew it was present. But that's another story.

And I do not think it's particularly quiet inside the car. It might be quiet outside the car, but I don't sit outside when driving it. But it's not an expensive car so I suppose you pays yer money....
 Messages Author Date
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new Ambo 27 Nov 11 10:38
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new - 27 Nov 11 12:00
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new Harleyman 27 Nov 11 14:00
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new Armel Coussine 27 Nov 11 14:12
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new kb 27 Nov 11 16:28
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new Harleyman 27 Nov 11 17:06
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new Dave_ 27 Nov 11 20:15
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new Ambo 28 Nov 11 11:15
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new slowdown avenue 2 Apr 21 21:08
 Hyundai i10 Clutch problems new Duncan 3 Apr 21 06:37
Latest Forum Posts