Non-motoring > Lightfield Camera Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 4

Lightfield Camera - sherlock47
www.lytro.com/living-pictures/282

The example photos are impressive altho some are better than others.

I just wonder when it wil become the norm for every day cameras. My logic says that with sutable processing the recorded images can be processed to provide depth information, and thus allow a degree of 3D rpresentation on a 'TV' type Screen.
www.lytro.com/science_inside

Should have added in the explanation link!
 Lightfield Camera - spamcan61
Looks like a gimmic to me for general use; who in 2012 is going to buy a 0.5 megapixel camera? The Facebook generation it seems to be aimed at will presumably continue using their cameraphones and putting up with a bit of dodgy focussing now an again. Maybe there's a niche somewhere, where being able to select the point of focus after the event is useful enough to justify compromises in other areas. The 3D idea does sound like a goer.
 Lightfield Camera - rtj70
Discussed on here weeks ago too.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=8287&m=182628

Well highlighted anyway.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 25 Nov 11 at 22:41
Sorry for the repetition - I missed the earlier posting. The review that you posted then actually provides more information than the manufacturers site.
www.dpreview.com/news/2011/10/19/lytrocameraannounced

I actually made my comment about 3D possibilites from my own interpretation of how it works - although I now see that 3D is part of the manufacturers game plan.

The bottom of the the page www.dpreview.com/articles/7237351494/lytro-light-field-camera-first-look-with-ren-ng provides a lot of interesting comment in a blog.It looks like a WIP product, whether it will mature is anybodys guess.
Latest Forum Posts