will be...

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b015t2rr/Bang_Goes_the_Theory_Series_5_Episode_8/

predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Fursty Ferret
xkcd.com/radiation/

Says it all, really.
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Dog
>>xkcd.com/radiation/

Says it all, really.<<

Best not to be a pilot/aircrew, live in a stone, brick, or concrete building, and eat too many bananas then!
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - bathtub tom
You certainly want nothing to do with the radon gas from the granite areas of Cornwall. ;>)
There's a lot of granite about though bathtub - Devon, Derbyshire, Cumbria + other countries such as Cymru, Alba etc..

www.hse.gov.uk/radiation/ionising/radon.htm

predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - CGNorwich
No granite in Norfolk. I'm going to live forever.
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - zookeeper
>> No granite in Norfolk. I'm going to live forever.

not unless the avian viruses escape any time soon...bootiful
>>No granite in Norfolk. I'm going to live forever.<<

Well even if there was, I'm sure the rising sea level caused by climate change would wash all those nasty Sieverts away.
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Harleyman
>> No granite in Norfolk. I'm going to live forever.
>>

I once suffered a fortnight's holiday in Norfolk. It felt like forever.
My skin n' blister has just spent a week in Snape, Suffolk, people do the strangest things sometimes :(
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - CGNorwich
Not surprised if it takes you 6 months to respond to a post ;-)
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - L'escargot
>> xkcd.com/radiation/
>>
>> Says it all, really.
>>

How much for living near a mobile phone mast?
they hide the radio antenna in those electronic map boards near railway stations/ bus stations ....the ones that tell you where you are and where the nearest restaurant is etc etc
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Fursty Ferret
>> >> xkcd.com/radiation/
>> >>
>> >> Says it all, really.
>> >>
>>
>> How much for living near a mobile phone mast?
>>

Zero. It's non-ionising radiation.
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Mapmaker
Save us from watching 30 minutes of TV. Zero?
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Zero
zero is what they say, zero deaths from radiation.
i was under the impression that the luminous paint on watch hands was pretty bad for ones health, and worse for the watch assemblers who licked the paint brushes for a finer line
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Cliff Pope
I remember an experiment in school physics where we were solemnly issued with special gloves, a radio-active sample in a lead-lined box, long tongs, protective screen, etc, and tried to measure a tiny amount of radioactivity on a geiger counter.

One boy's counter went berserk, right off the scale. It was his watch, an old one with genuine radioactive luminous paint.
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Mapmaker
Radium + Zinc sulphide. The latter fluoresces. And after a few decades it stops doing so as the structure disintegrates. Radium, meanwhile, has a half life of 1600 years.

The luminous paint from old watches is the traditional source of radiation for home-nuclear physicists...

predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Old Navy
>> so as the structure disintegrates. Radium, meanwhile, has a half life of 1600 years.
>>
>> The luminous paint from old watches is the traditional source of radiation for home-nuclear physicists...
>>
>>
>>

This radiation problem is caused by the instruments of aircraft broken up at the end of WW2 at Donibristle airfield, (HMS Merlin), and dumped in the river Forth. A previous house of mine is directly behind the spot the photo in the article was taken from. Didn't do me any harm.

www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/roundup/articles/2010/10/01/405708-agency-says-potential-for-significant-doses-of-radiation-at-dalgety-bay/
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 4 Oct 11 at 16:39
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - spamcan61
>> I remember an experiment in school physics where we were solemnly issued with special gloves,
>> a radio-active sample in a lead-lined box, long tongs, protective screen, etc, and tried to
>> measure a tiny amount of radioactivity on a geiger counter.
>>
>> One boy's counter went berserk, right off the scale. It was his watch, an old
>> one with genuine radioactive luminous paint.
>>

Same here, I took my dad's old pocket watch in, it was significantly more radioactive then the school's sources.
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Mike Hannon
We are in a granite area and the house is made of granite. Luckily there isn't a cellar, because of the granite.
When we bought the house I asked the Notaire and agent about a check for Radon in France and both professed never to have heard of such a thing. Ten years on it exists, I gather...
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Dutchie
www.uitdaging.net/artikel/Fukushima_kernramp_Japan.html

A differnt opinion regarding the fall out.Also interesting to note that Germany has closed 7 reactors and by 2022 all nuclear reactors will be shutdown.
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - henry k
Just watched an iterview on CBS news with the top US nuclear expert who has been in Japan since the event.

" The Japanese plant manager Masao Yoshida decided to flood the plant with sea water. His boss the plant owner said stop but the plant manager said OK but then carried on."

This is credited with saving a much bigger disaster

www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50121730n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

Good to see someone on CBS agreeing with
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067166/Fukushima-nuclear-plant-boss-Masao-Yoshida-hospital-NOT-radiation.html

predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - L'escargot
tinyurl.com/6kxozvk
I sure can!
:-D
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Woodster
Have you thought about visiting the site Zero?
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Zero
Nice. Good to see your true colours.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 17 Mar 12 at 11:42
did any one notice the barrage of govt. lung cancer awareness adverts just after the accident?
I have a friend who has lived on the top floor of the block of flats i live in
he has been here for thirty years and has been affected by the 15 tons of telephone equipment on the roof
he has had tests for radiation poisoning but that was a waste of time (cover up
according to him)
i feel sorry for the guy he is only 60 but shuffles around on a zimmer frame he can hardly hold because his hands are so twisted up
 predicted death toll from the Fukushima reactor - Dutchie
Not very nice to be in that situation at 60.Maybe its a good job we don't know the amount of poison what enters our body.Our immune system must work overtime to keep us alive.And good doctors.

Latest Forum Posts