Computer Related > Win 7 Screen size Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 7

Win 7 Screen size - BobbyG
My FIL has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7.

When he clicks on an icon, whether it be internet explorer, email,skype or whatever, the new screen that opens only opens to half the screen and then he needs to drag the bottom of it down to make it full size.

How do I change it so that it automatically opens to full size?

How do I fix this - pretty sure it is someting simple (and something that he has probably done by mistake)
 Win 7 Screen size - Victorbox
The old answer was maximise the screen and then do file and exit not just clicking top right red cross. This should work for initial screen but I must admit opening a link within first screen or a new tab seems to generate a smaller page. I've not worked it out either and just click maximise button top right rather than dragging screen edges.
 Win 7 Screen size - Suppose
>> The old answer was maximise the screen and then do file and exit not just
>> clicking top right red cross. This should work for initial screen but I must admit
>> opening a link within first screen or a new tab seems to generate a smaller
>> page. I've not worked it out either and just click maximise button top right rather
>> than dragging screen edges.
>>

try
blog.chron.com/helpline/2006/05/how-to-set-internet-explorer-window-size/

six pages of other solutions
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_vista/how-do-i-make-the-default-window-size-open-to/a6261690-88e9-47ab-befb-f2cef12f2601

one of those suggests:
"to solve the problem regarding minimized window size of ie 8 in windows
7 and make it to a full window.

Open only one ie8 window
on the upper bar of the window
right click it and choose size
resize the window to its full view
then go to file menu and choose exit.
there you go
open ie 8 it will surely default in full view"

Win 7 Screen size - spamcan61
I don't have my Win7 machine on to double check, but in XP right click on the appropriate icon, select 'properties' and mkae sure the 'run' option is set to 'maximised'. I should think win7 is similar.

EDIT: Win7 is much the same:-

freewindowsvistatutorials.com/makeProgramsStartMinimizedOrMaximizedInWindows7.php
Last edited by: spamcan61 on Thu 22 Sep 11 at 19:53
OK I have his screen up on my laptop just now through logmein.

When I open his internet browser, there is no "File, Edit, View, Favourites, Tools" at the top of the screen. So unable to File save before exit.

When I right click the icon and select properties, there is no "run " option?
 Win 7 Screen size - ....
Go to the bar at the top of the screen above the URL box. Right click the mouse and select Menu bar. File, Edit, View etc... will appear under the URL box.
OK have managed to get IE to open on maximise using the run (had to go through programs as opposed to using the desktop shortcut)
Tried the exact same method with Skype and although it is showing maximised on the "run" tab, it is not opening that way.

Have tried right clicking above the url and there are no options coming up. Not sure if that is maybe because I am using logmein? When I do that on my own laptop here I do not get the menu bar option either?
 Win 7 Screen size - Rhubarb

>> When I open his internet browser, there is no "File, Edit, View, Favourites, Tools" at
>> the top of the screen. So unable to File save before exit.

Try hitting the Alt key, they should appear.
Latest Forum Posts