Motoring Discussion > Do you have one of these Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ateca chris Replies: 14

Do you have one of these - Ateca chris

www.harvestenergy.co.uk/retail.php

A jet petrol station where i live in plymouth has this week turned into one.
I have never heard or seen one before do you have one where you live?
 Do you have one of these - Skip
I saw one for the first time when i was on holiday in Shropshire last week, i can't remember exactly where though, or thinking about it i could have passed it in Herefordshire on the way home !
 Do you have one of these - bathtub tom
I haven't seen one of those, but I do wonder about this each time I pass it: tinyurl.com/3b6rrc3
 Do you have one of these - RattleandSmoke
There is one in my area, I can't remember what it used to be, as it was a very tired petrol station but it was possibly Jet.
 Do you have one of these - Meldrew
If it keeps the smaller stations in business it must be a good thing. I suppose it is a bit like the cornershop cooperatives like Spar and 8 Till Late. We might pick up a few in my area, a lot of the closed forecourts have morphed into Hand Car Wash places.
 Do you have one of these - Ted

Can't remember seeing that Ratto....where is it ?

Ted
It is the one on Mauldeth Road West Ted :) Your local petrol station :)

It does look a bit different to the ones on the website, but it is a Harvest Energy.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Thu 21 Jul 11 at 22:56

Never a Jet but always had red signage.
Used to be an indy.
I go past it most days due to local road closures but I've never noticed.

tinyurl.com/3fvdqxy

Streetveiw picture too blurredf to make out name. I'll have a look tomorrow, I need some DERV so I'll check out the price.

Ted
Price is just typical Chorlton, it was converted about 3-4 months ago, so probably won't be on streetview.

Do you have one of these - rtj70
Well if you click on it, it becomes less blurred and it's a OneStop sign.

I don't recall it being a Jet garage either. Not in the fairly recent past.

There were two Jet garages in the borough. One was the garage next to the Feathers Pub and the other, long gone was the indy caravan and motorhome dealer on Brantingham Road, Dave Iforgethisname. The canopy and forecourt are still there...even the cashier's cabin.

Ted
 Do you have one of these - devonite
slight thread drift - sorry!
watching the "Tonight" program earlier this week i was astounded to hear that (in order to divert public awareness) Wheat or barley grown specifically to feed the bio-fuel market is now referred to as a crop of "Energy-grass"!!!!

Went past the one Ratto mentioned this morning. It has changed, now all blue instead of red.

DERV the same as everywhere else round here..£1.40 less a penny.

Cheap fuel ? Schmeap fuel !!. Went to my regular Shell and spent £69.11p !

Ted
 Do you have one of these - Victorbox
I always liked the local Jet station as for many years before supermarket petrol stations it was the cheapest petrol in the area.

ISTR about30/40 years ago, Jet was critisised for gumming up jets in carbs.
My FiL, wh was a rep, used it all the time 'cos of the price. He had trouble with all his later cars, which were Landcrabs and, later, Maxis. ( Hw actually travelled in lady's underwear and children's clothes, but don't tell anyone )

Ted
Latest Forum Posts