Motoring Discussion > Rolls Royce Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 12

Rolls Royce - Old Navy
Programme on BBc 4 now.
 Rolls Royce - Dog
Rolls Royce cars don't do much for me really but - I'd be willing to give a home to that Phantom 2 Continental.

wikicars.org/en/Image:PhantomII-sportssaloon.jpg
 Rolls Royce - nyx2k
ive driven the phantom convertable and the new ghost and they are superb bits of design and engineering. supremly comfortable and amazing nimble for such heavy cars.
 Rolls Royce - Dog
>> supremly comfortable and amazing nimble for such heavy cars.<<

That IS surprising, because some of the cars in the program looked a tad agricultural (to me)

Compared to a Mitsubishi Lancer Estate 'Elegance', anyway :)

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rolls-Royce-Phantom-2-continental-Barker-/310172162015?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4837b397df
Last edited by: Dog on Thu 30 Jun 11 at 22:36
 Rolls Royce - Dog
Here's a car for that geezer who drives the Chrysler Street Cruiser ~

www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C168616?pt=pf
 Rolls Royce - Armel Coussine
Very handsome perro indeed, but some early 20s Renaults were mouthwatering. The Renault 45, 9 litres of pure Rolls-Royce-crushing 90mph in-Nice-in-time-for-dinner French automotive muscle...

The RR Phantom II was an attempt to match it I would think. A late small-bodied saloon one, yes please...
 Rolls Royce - Iffy
I saw a Lord Sugar-type Roller a couple of days ago.

It's a long beast, too long for ordinary use, don't think it would fit in a standard meter bay.

I'd love to have a go in one, people who have - including Nick (above) - say they are surprisingly good to drive.

My last drive in a Rolls was a Silver Spirit.

It was a remote experience, twirl the surprisingly spindly wheel, and way out front the Spirit of Ecstasy mascot would pan to left or right.

Rolls Royce - Meldrew
This worries me a bit "By purchasing a car from us you can ensure it is aesthetically correct and mechanically reliable." It isn't up to me to ensure this, it is up to the seller to assure me, at that price anyway!
 Rolls Royce - Mike Hannon
>>aesthetically correct<<

Translates in French as 'chacun a son gout'.
 Rolls Royce - franfran
I saw one of the latest Rolls-Royces at lunchtime (I don't know if it was a Phantom or a Ghost - how do you tell them apart?) and I can't help thinking that styling of the car leaves a bit to be desired. The general shape of it isn't that bad, although I don't think that the rear view is particularly elegant

It is undoubtedly a car of high quality, and I'm sure that the interior is magnificent (although I'm unlikely to ever be inside one) but the front looks downright clumsy. It looks like there's something missing without there being even any vestiges of a bumper, and those headlights ruin the lines of the car. They're too small and the wrong shape. It's like a person with a big face and beady little eyes.

Rolls Royces used to have a restrained and conservative elegance. What has gone wrong?
 Rolls Royce - WillDeBeest
I imagine RR's biggest market these days is in the Middle East, and the cars are designed primarily to appeal there. Perhaps they look better - or at least less brutal - in white, which is more popular there than here.
 Rolls Royce - Dog
I 'tuned' a few RR's, was amazed to find carbs under the bonnet similar to those used on the Allagro (but a bit bigger!)

Didn't do an awful lot for me to drive the critters, either - I preferred my ole 525e jobbie.
 Rolls Royce - Dog
>>Very handsome perro indeed,<<

I'd luv one of those AC/dc?, I would stick it out front, just for show, like, and keep Chickens in it.

:o}
Latest Forum Posts