Introduce Yourself > Henlys Corner Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bertie henly Replies: 22

Henlys Corner - bertie henly
Hi
First time to this forum. I joined as when searching for info on Henlys Corner, a few replies came up sadly none of which helped!
I am researching into the history of Henlys and it has been surprisingly difficult. Much visiting of sites (duplicated info) and also archives, local studies and even Barnet Council.
Good news is I have made real progress, bad news is I have been unable to find a picture of Henlys Corner when Henlys were actually there.
Can ANYONE help me please??

Many thanks,

Bertie Henly.
 Henlys Corner - VxFan
Welcome Bertie. You're just in time to buy a round of drinks.
 Henlys Corner - Zero
Bertie

I have a book called "the making of modern London "1914-1939" In there is a shot of Henly's on the great west road taken at night in the 1930's.

Henlys Corner - John H
>> Can ANYONE help me please??
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Bertie Henly.
>>

You just might get a few more replies by posting the question in the discussion section.

Henlys Corner - MD
Welcome Bertie old chap. What ho!
 Henlys Corner - Dutchie
Nice name Bertie join the gang.We will follow :)
 Henlys Corner - Miss Henly
I was interested to read your request for information on Henly's. I am Bertie Henly's grand-daughter - no kidding.

What is your interest in Henly's? Sadly, I don't know much about the business but tell me what kind of information you're looking for and if I can help, I will! It is sad that there is so little about Henly's on the internet - I suppose that's because it was long gone when the internet came into being.... the only thing left of that hugely successful Company nowadays is indeed Henly's Corner. What a shame.

Good luck with the research - I would be very interested to hear what you have found out

Miss Henly

Henlys Corner - -
Lets hope our mods email the OP, this could make an interesting thread, though i suspect the OP is after info for a book or similar.

Welcome Miss Henly.
 Henlys Corner - Rick
If you go to Camden Lock just behind Hawley Crescent you can still see the original roof line and windows, the building is now a television studio a few years ago the wall was still sign written with HENLY'S SERVICE STATION.
 Henlys Corner - radford
Hi, are you really Berties Granddaughter?

I worked for Henlys back in the 70/80s and was also very involved with Jaguar so the history of Henlys is of great interest to me.

I know a great deal abouit the history of Henlys but am always looking to learn more, particularly the 'human' personal side. I know far too much about the cars!

Could you tell me when Bertie died? I need to know in order to answer another totally unrelated question.

I am trying to piece togther some facts and if Bertie may have been around at the time or not.

Thank you so much.
 Henlys Corner - L'escargot
>> .......... I have been unable
>> to find a picture of Henlys Corner when Henlys were actually there.
>> Can ANYONE help me please??

Is this any good? tinyurl.com/bnwfq83 Page 21, photograph 142.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Wed 23 May 12 at 09:37
 Henlys Corner - VxFan
>> Is this any good? tinyurl.com/bnwfq83 Page 21, photograph 142.

www.northendenpast.co.uk/Photos/fullsize/0075-Henlys_Filling_Station_fs.jpg
 Henlys Corner - L'escargot
We've had no thanks from Bertie Henly for going to trouble to find him the pictures.
 Henlys Corner - Zero
According to his profile, he hasnt logged on since 1970!
 Henlys Corner - VxFan
>> he hasnt logged on since 1970!

A forum glitch. I've got an explanation somewhere from the boss as to why it happens. I'll try and remember to look back through my emails later to see if I still have it.
 Henlys Corner - Focusless
That's Unix year dot IIRC.
 Henlys Corner - Zero
Yes its the default UNIX date if its never updated.
 Henlys Corner - VxFan
Which would indicate Miss Henly never came back after posting her message.
 Henlys Corner - John H
>> Which would indicate Miss Henly never came back after posting her message.
>>

Bertie Henly never came back.

Miss Henly did:

Date registered: Wed 16 May 2012 (12 weeks ago)

Last visited forum: Wed 23 May 2012

Last posts: Henlys Corner
Wed 16 May 2012 15:16

Henlys Corner - VxFan
>> Bertie Henly never came back.
>>
>> Miss Henly did:

You're right. I got the wrong Henly.
 Henlys Corner - Rick
Hi my name is rick stumbled on this forum just now, have been trying to find photographs of Henly's at Hawley Crescent with no luck. I served my apprenticeship their between 1961 and 1966 so I know a lot about that site and in particular the people who worked their, if you can help or I can be of assistance to your research you can contact me at rick_nelson@hotmail.co.uk
Rick Nelson
 Henlys Corner - Fenlander
Best I can do in a few minutes browsing over lunch is the first 3 images here...

inlanding.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/regents-miscellany/
 Henlys Corner - Rick
Many thanks, brought back a few memories. The boat Jenny Wren is an iconic narrow boat from the 60s. Rick
Latest Forum Posts