I applied for a number of tickets including:

Opening Ceremony, 4 tickets
Athletics on 04 August, 5 tickets
Athletics on 07 August, 5 tickets
Closing Ceremony, 4 tickets
Tennis at Wimbledon on 31 July, 4 tickets
Football on 10 August at the Millennium Stadium, 3 tickets
London 2012 Olympic Games official programme x 1

From the amount that has been charged to my credit card I see that I have been allocated the footie and the programme only, so of our family of five only three will see an Olympic event despite being willing to invest heavily, a little disapointed to say the least ...

Olympic tickets allocation - Zero
I applied for

Mens 110 metres hurdle final, Mens Gymnstics floor final, and Mens cycling team pursuit final, and got nothing.

The Mens and Womens cycling road race passes with 1/4 mile of my house tho, and the Mens & Womens cycling time trial passes within 1/4 mile of my mums house.

So I will get to see parts of 4 events for free
 Olympic tickets allocation - BiggerBadderDave
"I applied for Mens... ...Mens... ...Mens... ...and got nothing"

You might have more luck on the Heath.
Why do you think I walk the dog?
 Olympic tickets allocation - WillDeBeest
Got the email today 'congratulating' me on having bought four tickets to see Greco-Roman wrestling. Not sure I deserve credit for parting with my money (plus SIX POUNDS for delivery - I've had three tonnes of gravel delivered for less than that!) fourteen months in advance for an event that has only curiosity value for us, but at least we're going to see something.

My £90 buys us about three hours' entertainment, or about 50p a minute. And this at the 'pay your age' prices that Lord Coe reckons make the Games affordable.

Anyway, how did the rest of us get on?
 Olympic tickets allocation - Alanovich
I applied for lots of stuf, deliberately made it obscure, and got nothing.

Trying again on Friday.
 Olympic tickets allocation - Mapmaker
>>so of our family of five only three will see an Olympic event despite being willing to
>>invest heavily, a little disapointed to say the least ...

"invest" that's man-maths, right?

Olympic tickets allocation - henry k
All I got was a pair of footie tickets.

However both my son and myself are off to see the athletics.
My daughter bought two pairs of tickets from one of the european sites
 Olympic tickets allocation - BobbyG
Getting to watch it all on TV for no additional cost, with cheap food to hand and clean toilets.
And other distractions if the entertainment doesn't deliver!

Bah humbug!
 Olympic tickets allocation - Bobbin Threadbare
I applied for judo and some less popular diving events. Got nowt! I might try again.
 Olympic tickets allocation - Hard Cheese

I now have the email, 3 tickets to the footy.

Though going by the number of people who have nowt despite applying for £000s then i feel quite fortunate ...

Olympic tickets allocation - movilogo
How do they prevent people buying tickets now and then later selling at higher price to others?

Do the tickets come with names of spectators?

Olympic tickets allocation - Tigger
We got a pair of tickets to the swimming heats. Wife is pleased as they'll include Rebecca Hadlington.
 Olympic tickets allocation - Soupytwist
Got women's handball (the thinking man's beach volleyball) semi finals and tennis on Court One at Wimbledon - when applying forgot that leaves us at the mercy of the weather unlike Centre Court.

Just under £300 out of £1,200 worth applied for. Disappointed not to get the athletics ones we wanted but at least that's something.
Tickets? who needs them

Ask me who has been offered a role in the Olympic Technical team.
 Olympic tickets allocation - Londoner
>> Tickets? who needs them
>>
>> Ask me who has been offered a role in the Olympic Technical team.
>>
Is arguing an Olympic Sport now then? ;-)
Its nothing but
no its not

Last edited by: Zero on Tue 18 Oct 11 at 17:37
>> Tickets? who needs them
>>
Me. That is why this morning. I applied, when more tickets became available for athletics.
I thought I had got athletics tickets but then I got rejected.

I did however get tickets for the cycling at the velodrome last Sunday.
It was fantastic.
We were coached from Stratford Westfield around some tortuous route through the enormous building site to the venue.
As it was a controlled 28 degrees inside it was soon viewing stripped down to shirt sleeves and free water for all.
The crowd were nearly all cycling folk and the noise generated will not be heard again until the next non Olympic meet. The sound was deafening.
Brits doing well raised the DBs even higher :-)

It was nice to have absolutely minimum security around the place. e.g you could wander in any section with no checks on your seat/ section number. Jake Humphrey was in front of the cameras all day and you could get within a couple of feet of the "action"

I was also impressed with one part of the TV coverage. A cameraman was on a Segway with no handlebars but with some sort of cut off post that was apparently controlled by his groin.
He followed the sprinters ( at slow speed) with the normal sized camera being held at ankle height while getting closeups.

£15 a head was a bargain for an all day event that ws scheduled to end at 18:08 precisely.

Latest Forum Posts