Motoring Discussion > A strange route Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 11

A strange route - Iffy
Just been watching Obama's visit on Sky and I noticed he took a strange route through London.

He was heading over Westminster Bridge towards Buckingham Palace.

The obvious direct route is 'straight on' at Parliament Square, along Birdcage Walk to the palace.

But The Beast turned left towards Millbank, then right at the little roundabout at Lambeth Bridge into Horsferry Road.

In London terms, that's well out of his way, and there's some sharp turns, whereas Birdcage Walk is straight.

The route appeared planned, so there must be a reason why he didn't go the most direct way.

A strange route - Notdoctorchris
He chose the "avoid Islamist terrorists" setting on his satnav.
 A strange route - Iffy
Perhaps there are speed humps on the direct route and they couldn't risk The Beast.

A strange route - -
Better totty spotting route?
 A strange route - Runfer D'Hills
Probably just needed to swing by a hole-in-the-wall. You never take enough cash on your hols do you? You think you've allowed plenty and then the wife wants to buy something off a market stall, the kids need ice-cream five times a day...you know how it is.
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Tue 24 May 11 at 19:27
 A strange route - Hard Cheese
McDonalds?
 A strange route - Zero
He had to stop of to pay all the American Embassy fines at Horseferry Road Magistrates court.
 A strange route - BiggerBadderDave
Picking up a hooker.
 A strange route - Londoner
Obama (or is that O'bama now?) must have the same Tom Tom satnav that I have - that picks out some very strange routes! The previous Tom Tom that I had was better.
 A strange route - MD
Tom Tom turn around don't ever let me down.

The first and second lines of the second verse of a 'Sweet' song from the past when I were a Lad!

I tried it with Garmin, but it wouldn't rhyme.

MD. (Wells Bombardier)
 A strange route - zippy
He was using a Tom Tom with IQ routes and traffic info.

It knew the best route would be blocked for a special event so suggested an alternative.

Catch 22!

A strange route - Jetski
Sorry to be an anorak but that song was by New World and written by Chinn/Chapman of RAK records fame.
Latest Forum Posts