Motoring Discussion > Car 4 Play stalker ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 34

Car 4 Play stalker ? - R.P.
Parked in my car in Llanberis today waiting for someone when the passenger of a purple Cmax got out to peer at me through the window. He looked normal to all intents and purposes and he'd hardly be interested in a very dirty white X1 other than it was someone from here who may have "recognized" me.
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Zero
I bumped into Henry in deepest Gloucestershire, and we didn't know it at the time.
Stranger things have happened.
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - RattleandSmoke
Talking of which, did you get my email I send you last week Pug?
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Dave_
Funny that PU, I'm considering Snowdonia for a day trip next Sunday if the weather's any good. Looking for a fair-to-middling level walk suitable for an 11 year old. I stayed at the Pen-y-pas YHA when i was 13, so we might park there and point ourselves up the Pyg track.

I wouldn't have the nerve to approach the X1 even if I knew I was likely to be in the right area, just in case it wasn't you!
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Hard Cheese

More likely whoever it was thought you were someone else ...

I'll be in the area on Sunday. My car is easily spotted, the dirtiest car in the place. Haliwell Jones sales sticker in the back window...! Feel free to stare. PYG has a little bit of a scramble to the summit though. The Railway path is a more stable walk...
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Bromptonaut
>> I stayed at the Pen-y-pas YHA when i was 13, so we might park there and
>> point ourselves up the Pyg track.

Probably alright outside school hols but the Pen y Pas car park fills before 09:00 on busy days. No on road parking and anything in hostel grounds is reserved for staff/customers.

We've had to park further down towards Llanberis and use the park/ride bus.
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Dave_
>> Pen y Pas car park fills before 09:00 on busy days

Fingers crossed we'll still get a space a bit later than that, it'll be an early enough start as it is! Plan B would involve continuing down to Llanberis and bussing back as you say. Walking the railway route looks a *lot* longer on paper, I don't mind a bit of clambering and it'll be good to introduce daughter to some proper terrain.

She's done plenty of 4-5 mile walks up to alt. 1000ft before in all weathers, so this should stretch her horizons a bit. I know the Peak District is closer to us for a day trip, but I'm not as familiar with Derbyshire as I am with Gwynedd - we've actually both been on school trips to N. Wales!

I'll keep an eye out for a grubby X1 then, silver grey Mondy hatch as you know.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Thu 19 May 11 at 22:48
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - PhilW
"The Railway path is a more stable walk... "
Aye, but it's very boring and long! Suggest Pyg or Miners up and down. Watkin Path also a good one and a lot quieter down at the start where there is a decent car park. If you go up Watkin, you can come down Bwlch Main (sp??) and end up at same car park but via a very different route to "up" route. Also close to Bryn Gwynnant Youth Hostel which is less crowded than Pen-y-Pass and a good-un (or at least it was when I was there last about 3 years ago (they actually have some nice beers on sale !! and food was good) Snowdon is a really good day to introduce young 'uns to a bit of "climbing" - great sense of achievement when you get to top (except when you see that woman in the mini-skirt, high heels and strappy top at the peak (she went up on the railway!!)
Taken school parties up there about 20 times - make sure ( I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here!!!) you have the right gear - is always very different weather at the top compared to the start! Count on it being very cold and very wet at top! Sometimes freezing and very, very, very wet!
Enjoy!!
Phil
No Rats - Can you resend it ?
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - RattleandSmoke
Resent :)

Got it the first time around and acted on it :-)
Last edited by: Pugugly on Fri 20 May 11 at 08:39

>> I bumped into Henry in deepest Gloucestershire, and we didn't know it at the time.
>>

Eh, tell us more?
We ended up watching the Severn Bore at the same place, and we spoke to each other. Didn't realise it we compared notes on here.
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Runfer D'Hills
Did it go inexplicably cold immediately afterwards PU?....No of course not, it was probably just Dai the axe-murderer...

:-)
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - bathtub tom
Were you in a well known 'dogging' place?

If the guy was balding, six foot, sixteen stone it could've been me, but I ain't been within a hundred miles of you lately. ;>)
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Clk Sec
Certainly not a stalker, but I'm fairly certain there's another C4 poster who lives in the same road as me. He hasn't been on the forum for a few months now, though.

His secret is safe with me.

Last edited by: Clk Sec on Fri 20 May 11 at 05:56
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Iffy
...but I'm fairly certain there's another C4 poster who lives in the same road as me...

I was wondering about nearby members the other day.

Can't beat that, but I think there's someone in or near Bedale, north Yorkshire, which is only a few miles from my caravan.

No Humph he definitely wasn't a local, you learn to spot the nuances as I'm sure you know ;-)
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - VxFan
I have a confession. I've met RF.

I've also met up with Mark RLBS, No Do$h, and rtj70.
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - FocalPoint
I'm hoping to attend Pat's PDA training day. I have suddenly realised I may meet others from this forum.

Should I be worried?
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - bathtub tom
No, just be afraid, be very afraid.............................
>> Should I be worried?

It rather depends. Have you always been nice to Pat?
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - FocalPoint
"Have you always been nice to Pat?"

Er... now you come to mention it, we have had our differences. I always thought they were amicable....

I had better be prepared.
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Iffy
...I've met RF. I've also met up with Mark RLBS, No Do$h, and rtj70...

Never mind, who?, who?, and sounds like a decent guy.

On reflection you know, it's hardly surprising the bloke didn't try to introduce himself even if he was a C4P follower. He probably thought better of knocking on some guy's window and suggesting...

E.G. - "'Ere, you're Pugugly aren't you?"

:-)
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - VxFan
>> who?, who?

From the dark side, but have briefly made an appearance here too.

No FM2R (as he's now known as)

And NoDo$h, who hasn't changed his name. Dorset's famous pie eater and Ricky Gervais lookalike.
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - Pat
I'm not telling who I've met;)

Pat
 Car 4 Play stalker ? - BobbyG
Whatever happened to No Dosh? I remember corresponding with him over a pensions issue a few years back?
And John (tooslow). Hasn't posted for over two months now.
>> ...I've met RF. I've also met up with Mark RLBS, No Do$h, and rtj70...
>>
>> Never mind, who?, who?, and sounds like a decent guy.

Awww, did your invite to that party never arrive? Still a bottle of beer at home, on your own, must be ok I suppose.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 20 May 11 at 15:01
Happened again - as I wandered back to my car in Tesco this morning, some chap was eyeing it up, asked me some pointed questions (about the car's handling, economy etc...) - nice car he said just before he tripped over his white stick...
Maybe you've pulled PU. Did he look at all like Matt Lucas' welsh persona?

Was it the same person?

Do you think it might have been our esteemed leader giving you the once-over?
Latest Forum Posts