Non-motoring > copies of fashion items Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bellboy Replies: 25

copies of fashion items - Bellboy
ive been saying this for months to the wife and she just thought i was a leerer
news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/health/newsid_8569000/8569907.stm
 copies of fashion items - Focusless
"Official UGG boots cost from around £150"

From??

"but much cheaper versions are available on the high street and from markets ...
The company is urging people to beware of copies. "

I bet they are!

I'd like to see the doctor analyse the 'real' ones to see whether they are any better.
 copies of fashion items - Vicar of Bray
you should see the knock offs here in the Philippines bb. Fake rolex and working (known locally as china phones) nokia e72's. Anything you want is faked.

They are just like the real thing in your hands - unlike a few years back.
When you see the china phone e72's at £40 - three hundred pounds cheaper than the real thing you wonder about profit margins.

well, i do ;-)
Incidentally, i,m posting from the phone and it's slowing me too much putting capital letters in mid sentence words. Hope you're all ok with that?
>> Hope you're all ok with that?

Harder to differentiate between your and Bellboy's posts, but apart from that, fine :-)
Last edited by: Focus on Tue 16 Mar 10 at 12:14
 copies of fashion items - L'escargot
>> Hope you're all ok with that?
>>

Whatever lights your candle. It's your reputation at stake, not ours.
;-)
thought i might get my knuckles rapped ;-)
 copies of fashion items - RattleandSmoke
A mobile phone costs many many millions to develop. If you copy of it you have very little R&D money to recoup in the sale price. A Nokia E72 may cost £300 retail but at least £150 of that money has probably been spent on research.

Also mobile phones have some very expensive metals in them, the cheap china phones won't have. I would be very surprised if they lasted as long as a proper Nokia.
>> A mobile phone costs many many millions to develop.

There's also the significant cost of supporting it once it's on sale.
I, of course, have the real thing (snort)

Dang, how do you do that snorting thing?

Oh, its an e63...
Last edited by: oilrag on Tue 16 Mar 10 at 12:32
 copies of fashion items - Zero
the system internals will be exactly the same (from the same line that makes the nokia internals)

The case, and other bits will be fake knockoffs.

No-one pays 300quid for a nokia in cash, is a notional value. Most upgrade on contracts.
wonder if they work in the uk...or would the radiation burn your ear off?
 copies of fashion items - spamcan61
From my old day job, typical bill of material cost for a fancy smartphone was around 150 - 200 USD, then you've got software licensing, development costs etc.

Lots of detail on phone internals on www.phonewreck.com

www.phonewreck.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Touch_Pro

for example
 copies of fashion items - FotheringtonTomas
>> mobile phones have some very expensive metals in them the cheap china phones won't
>> have. I would be very surprised if they lasted as long as a proper Nokia.

You great chump, Nokia telephones made in China are the same as those made elsewhere.
www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/7377996/The-ultimate-Asian-phone-clones.html
...but that doesn't mean phones made for Nokia in China to Nokia specification are the same as clones that happen to be made in the same country.
Last edited by: spamcan61 on Tue 16 Mar 10 at 14:37
interesting article in last saturdays dt
www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/7375684/Why-Apple-cant-control-its-Chinese-factories.html
 copies of fashion items - RattleandSmoke
Exactly, my HIFI amp is made in China, it is an extremely high qualility higher model Cambridge Audio (640A). It is made in ISO9002 factory and some of the parts are very good qualility (Elna caps for example).

Now do you really expect an ilegal factroy making ilegal clones to build things to the same qualility? The fake Nokias may well use the same firmware, same CPU and other ICs but the parts used to bolt them together won't be the same.
>> Exactly my HIFI amp is made in China it is an extremely high qualility higher
>> model Cambridge Audio (640A). It is made in ISO9002 factory and some of the parts
>> are very good qualility (Elna caps for example).
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>sorry not impressed its only got a Class 'A' follower driver stage,to me this is sticking an extra set of bogies on a train engine and saying its a pacific
 copies of fashion items - sherlock47
It is made in ISO9002 factory

This does not mean it is necessarily good, just that all the factory production will be to the same consistent (crap?) standard!
Last edited by: pmh on Tue 16 Mar 10 at 15:43
True to a degree, but at least more recent versions of ISO900x include customer feedback, evidence of continuous improvement etc.
 copies of fashion items - Iffy
Back to the boots.

They were the ones infamously worn by the young woman who got her foot stuck in a railway level crossing.

It made quite a bit of news at the time because it was captured on video.

Someone with a greater grasp of YouTube than I might care to post a link - I'm sure it's on there somewhere.
 copies of fashion items - FotheringtonTomas
>> The fake Nokias may well use the same firmware same CPU and
>> other ICs but the parts used to bolt them together won't be the same.

No. Now you've moved the goalposts by referring to "fake Nokias" instead of the Nokias made in China that you originally meant.
just to clarify , 'china phone' is the local term for the fake and they are advertized as such in (phone) shop windows. I might try to take a pic.
 copies of fashion items - MD
>> You great chump Nokia telephones made in China are the same as those made elsewhere.
>>
Yes yes yes. FT used the word (Chump) which was MY choice in the alternative PFD competition. I would like to claim Fist prize please. Send my £100.00 wine voucher to.................

MD
we might send you the empty bottles but that will be all ;-)
Latest Forum Posts