Motoring Discussion > What is the best car for attracting girls? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SmoothTony Replies: 79

What is the best car for attracting girls? - SmoothTony
I have just passed my driving test and I am trying to find a car to buy.

Can anybody tell me what the best car for attracting women is? I can afford to spend £800, so it will have to be quite an old car.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Old Navy
Bad luck, the answer is an expensive one. :-)
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Manatee
Nothing that has an apostrophe in the name;-)

With £800, you'll have to be a 'character'. I have a 30 year old Land Rover for sale that's just about in your budget...

Try an old Golf. Girls, and people with no real interest in or knowledge of cars, seem to think they are good. Not that I'm saying they aren't, but if you want a petrolhead-type conversation, don't choose a Golf owner (excepting people like my colleague who has an R32, and I'm not really sure about him...)
Last edited by: Manatee on Sat 20 Nov 10 at 20:29
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - corax
This is a joke isn't it? With a name like SmoothTony, you shouldn't need a car to attract the girls...
Last edited by: corax on Sat 20 Nov 10 at 20:39
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - -
A woman worth recruiting is not going to be impressed by a particular car.

Get something warm and comfortable with soft seats...and the car, keep it clean and smelling nice and remember to open the door for her and treat her like a lady, if that gets rebuked move on young man till you find a woman that wants to be treated as such...you'll know her when you find her.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Stuu
An old BMW. Still looks classy, plenty of 316 models about still and doesnt make you look like a plonker.
>> An old BMW. Still looks classy, plenty of 316 models about still and doesnt make
>> you look like a plonker.

Couldn't agree with you more Stu :-)
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - RattleandSmoke
A smell a troll or a wind up here :).

Sorry if the thread is genuine :).

Now for £800 you aint going to get the girls interested. In fact I have worked out something, girls are not interested in cars at all and the ones that are only interested in you because of your car aint worth having.

I am 28 and drive round in a 1.1 Panda. I spent £6500 so for that I could have got a decent chig magnet but it is not my style.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Zero
Rattle mate, as your Fiat panda couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding, let a lone a girl, you are banned from here.
It does have a rather sexy plate though and it is at least brand new. It shows the girls I am sensible and reliable. The problem is girls never really seem to go for that. They want excitment. I should be out on the town tonight pulling but I am being good and saving up a bit, I have next week for that.

My Panda does get a lot of attention from the neighbours but sadly none of them are pretty girls!
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Stuartli
>>They want excitement>>

Got it in one Rattle...:-))

Plus, if possible, accompanied by a well filled wallet..
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - rtj70
>> it is at least brand new

So it's a 6 month old car with a 60 plate? :-) I know what you mean, but a car is not brand new the day after it is driven let alone 6 months later.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Dog
You could just about get an old Focus for that money and the engines are strong enough to pull birds.
GB is right, as usual. I doubt it was my rotted-out Wolseley Hornet that attracted Mrs Dugong.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Bromptonaut
>> GB is right, as usual. I doubt it was my rotted-out Wolseley Hornet that attracted
>> Mrs Dugong.

And, other than sharing the bean can joke and running us to the Dog & Duck for our post outdoor club tete e tete, my orange Pug 104 played no part in attracting Mrs Bromp.

OTOH the push bike might have been a key player!!!!
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sat 20 Nov 10 at 21:09
>> A woman worth recruiting is not going to be impressed by a particular car.
>>
>> Get something warm and comfortable with soft seats...and the car, keep it clean and smelling
>> nice and remember to open the door for her and treat her like a lady,
>> if that gets rebuked move on young man till you find a woman that wants
>> to be treated as such...you'll know her when you find her.

OFFS GB, he's just passed his test, he's looking to get LAID not a wife.

Stu has the right idea.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 20 Nov 10 at 20:48
This song comes into mind:-

This bed is on fire
With passionate love
The neighbors complain about the noises above
But she only comes when she's on top

My therapist said not to see you no more
She said you're like a disease without any cure
She said I'm so obsessed that I'm becoming a bore, oh no
Ah, you think you're so pretty

Caught your hand inside a till
Slammed your fingers in the door
Fought with kitchen knives and skewers
Dressed me up in women's clothes
Messed around with gender roles
Dye my eyes and call me pretty

Moved out of the house, so you moved next door
I locked you out, you cut a hole in the wall
I found you sleeping next to me, I thought I was alone
You're driving me crazy, when are you coming home
Pretty
Pretty

Now I know all about courting in cars, Fords especialy but they were never my cars sadly!.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - nyx2k
preferably something thats not a typical tiny little hatchback car that says "look at me i cant afford the insurance that i've bought this little tin box"
how about a nice shark nose 7series bmw around 1980
Or hay look at me, I drive a little tinbox so I can park where you're 7 series can't. Oh look at me I can afford to party because I am not paying £300 a week in petrol and £500 a year in road tax :p:.

What is the best car for attracting girls? - BobbyG
So what party are you at tonight Rats????? :)
Not tonight. Was out last night, got a lot of driving to do tomorrow and I am out next Friday and next Saturday. As much as it kills me I have to stay in tonight. I am being a good boy. It is has gone quite fast actually and I am looking forward to having a Sunday without a massive head ache!.

Nobody ever pulled a girl because yours is smaller than everyone elses Rattle...
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - BobbyG
Renault Scenic MPV, you should get a mark 1 for that money!

High roof, for , ahem, manoeuvrability
Seats slide back and forth for , ahem, manoeuvrability
Gap between the front seats that makes rear access easy.
Seats can come out to make enough space for a wee lie down and in some models the front seat could also fold flat.
Seat backrests controlled by a lever, instant movement, not one of these wheels that you have to turn to get it to move by a degree!

Oh and it also has pop up tables in the back to serve breakfast on :)
>>Renault Scenic MPV, you should get a mark 1 for that money!
High roof, for , ahem, manoeuvrability
Seats slide back and forth for , ahem, manoeuvrability
Gap between the front seats that makes rear access easy.
Seats can come out to make enough space for a wee lie down and in some models the front seat could also fold flat.
Seat backrests controlled by a lever, instant movement, not one of these wheels that you have to turn to get it to move by a degree!<<

Yeah, and it'll break down on a regular basis necessitating a night under tin.

>> OFFS GB, he's just passed his test, he's looking to get LAID not a wife.
>>
>>
>> Stu has the right idea.

I'm trying to find him a woman not something struggling to match the femininity of a blow up doll.

Don't for pete's sake take Stud's* advice he'll suggest a Serena, which isn't as daft as it sounds as a passion wagon...set of curtains, bed, bar in the corner wahay.

* Freudian slip there when i looked up i'd typed Stud, that could end up as your moniker Stu..;)
Hey GB, I thought my suggestion was actually pretty sound, cheeky sod.

Plus, I listen when people give advice. The Serena would have been a better guessing game if Rattle wasnt such a model swat tho :-)
To be fair I wasn't the one that guessed it was a Serena. I think I guessed it was Nissan though due to the fact they had a plant in Spain and the SLX trim.

But I have the perfect car for the OP. A 1.3 Capri OVH. It would be perfect no cambelt to worry about and probably cheap insurance. Just make sure when he is making love he dosn't fall through the rotton floor.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - BiggerBadderDave
You'll get an XJS for £800 which will guarantee you get laid.

Unless you're ginger of course, it's not a magic car.
>> OFFS GB, he's just passed his test, he's looking to get LAID not a wife.
>>
>>
>> Stu has the right idea.
>>

I think we knew that really...

www.oldcolonelcars.co.uk/

Nothing in his price range at the moment though. I quite fancy the 730...
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - swiss tony
Forget what car, just buy some new socks.

Don't put them on your feet though! ;-p
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - sherlock47
Where is pda when you want a female perspective?
She'd probably go for a Scania...
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Kevin
>She'd probably go for a Scania...

I think you're right.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=3025&m=60711
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Runfer D'Hills
Go to the gym, get ripped, dress well. The type of car won't matter as long as it goes.
>> Go to the gym, get ripped, dress well. The type of car won't matter as
>> long as it goes.

I think you have to build the muscle first Humph, then get ripped, but it might take some time if what I hear about his drinking habits is true (No offence Rattle) :-)
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Armel Coussine
This is for the OP, not corax.

Do you really want to attract girls who think your car means something? Most people prefer girls who are attracted to them. And not many girls have fine discrimination in the matter of cars anyway. Something huge and flash is my guess, in answer to the original question.

But a) you haven't really got the bread, and b) those girls may not be the sort you like.

Get a car you like. Associate with girls you like. Hope that some of them like you.

What is the best car for attracting girls? - Fenlander
>>>Get a car you like. Associate with girls you like. Hope that some of them like you.

Good advice but if that fails there's always the 12v christmas tree on the dash and a big flag hung behind the front seats.
well if Pat is right and some truckers carry wardrobes of female clothes around with them, maybe you just need to buy some rigger boots and knock the windows of a few parked trucks with *pretty* arrangements of blue lights.
Hang on, this isn't to do with you Rattle, my sincere apologies, I was talking to you on the other thread and got my wires crossed. Ignore immediately! ( I think I'm the one who's been drinking)
>> Can anybody tell me what the best car for attracting women is? I can afford to spend £800,
>> so it will have to be quite an old car.

What is the budget including insurance? If you can afford £800 for a car and recently passed then I assume you have say another £2000 for the first year's third party insurance. It might be less but probably more than £2000 for insurance.

So let us round it to £3000 with the car purchase up front and an initial insurance payment. Let's call it £1000 to start with.

Some are suggesting cars without considering what you can afford. And when you pay for the car you won't be able to afford any girls.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - PhilW
Think you might have to attract the woman before she sees the car - after that an old Transit with a mattress in the back sounds about right for Smooth Tony and the type of woman he is after.
Smooth Tony is a windup post surely? I know I responded. Somehow his last visit stats suggest he was last here on 1/1/1970. i.e. the beginning of time for Unix type systems.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 20 Nov 10 at 23:46
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - bathtub tom
This one worked for me forty years ago: microcarmuseum.com/tour/scootacar1.html

It was warmer and drier than a motorbike (slightly). It meant not waiting for a bus. It got you home after the last bus (sometimes).

SWMBO's still with me after nearly forty years and it impressed her, although I've now upgraded to a KIA Pride.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Pat
I think it's a wind up too:)

In case I'm wrong though, Smooth Tony needs to accept that he's not going to pull until he learns to understand women a bit more!
We don't care about your car, if you're fit, how much money you've got or what you look like.

We care about the real you, the one deep inside that men can never hide for long!

Pat
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Perky Penguin
A car on the road AND insured for £800? No chance! Anybody whose opinion of himself is so high that he calls himself SmoothTony isn't going to be able to get his head into a car.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Iffy
I started a thread on this exact topic in the old place.

It was deleted.

No wonder that forum went down the toilet.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - movilogo
This is one of the funniest questions ever asked on this forum :o)
!
>> We don't care about your car, if you're fit, how much money you've got or what you look like.

Quite sure about that ? Might be less important as factors in long term relationships but for a young guy looking to, shall we say, widen his horizons, on any kind of regular basis, looking good and looking successful will get him a lot more female attention than his fat skint mates ! It's just a fact of life.

Of course personality counts just as much but a bit of self respect and a pleasant demeanour are not necessarily mutually exclusive conditions.

Anyway, as others have said, it's a wind up.
...and looking successful will get him a lot more female attention than his fat skint mates !...

No woman ever commented on my Focus hatchback.

Several women have commented on the CC3.

Must be the colour. :)

>> Must be the colour. :)

Get down to the gym too Iffy. There'll be be no stopping you !
...Get down to the gym too Iffy. There'll be be no stopping you !...

Yeah, I guess most cardiac nurses are women.
"We don't care about your car... how much money you've got ... We care about the real you..."

Debbie McGee

Nuff said
Brilliant Dave !
...Debbie McGee...

Given that she's still married to Paul Daniels, and given the current state of him and his career, I think Ms McGee supports her own and Pat's point about women caring for the real man, not just the image.

"Given that she's still married to Paul Daniels..."

She clearly underestimated how long he would live.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Pat
Her staying power is probably better than yours.

Pat
ISTR that D McGee was asked by the delightful Mrs Merton, the killer question - "What was it that first attracted you to the millionaire, Paul Daniels?"
Why pick on Debbie McGee, she's still with the fellow, if she only got together for the lolly she'd have gorn ages ago and taken a hefty wedge with her.

As for the present condition of Mr Daniels, oddly enough when i look in the mirror i don't see George Clooney gazing enviously back at me, none of us getting any prettier as we age.
>> As for the present condition of Mr Daniels, oddly enough when i look in the
>> mirror i don't see George Clooney gazing enviously back at me, none of us getting
>> any prettier as we age.

Mind you, Brucie did well to get shot of Anthea Redfern. He looks quite sprightly and she now looks like Joan Rivers gone wrong.

Dreadful woman too. The celebrity "come dine with me" with her and M Barrymore was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.
>> As for the present condition of Mr Daniels, oddly enough when i look in the
>> mirror i don't see George Clooney gazing enviously back at me, none of us getting
>> any prettier as we age.

Not matured gracefully then GB?

I find Grey Hair suits me,
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 21 Nov 10 at 10:01

>> Not matured gracefully then GB?

Never been an oil painting Z, with me ruddy complexion and grey hair i look like a negative..;)

Edit, the two slugs over me eyes that haven't greyed don't help either..;)

I suppose i react badly to catty remarks about people's appearences, those who make such disparaging remarks must have the George Clooney mirror we'd all like.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sun 21 Nov 10 at 10:09
>> We care about the real you, the one deep inside that men can never hide
>> for long!

Cobblers. Really ugly men dont get girls for them to find out the real you!

As humph says its all about looks, style, and a certain swagger.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 21 Nov 10 at 09:56

>> Cobblers.
>>

It's not cobblers Z, there are some delightful warm caring passionate honourable and totally loyal women out there.

Probably about as rare as their male counterparts, and the chap's that are lucky enough to have found them won't be stupid enough to lose them.

Of course there are.

But the OP (he doesent exist) is not after delightful warm caring women.

He wants a shag.
...the OP doesn't exist...

So was the profile created automatically?

I see it has a dodgy 'last visited the forum' date.

And what's the benefit to whoever or whatever created it?

No harm done to us, quite the reverse, it's made an interesting thread.

>> But the OP (he doesent exist) is not after delightful warm caring women.

The trouble is he may never find a real woman, poncing about with apparently female versions of baseball hatted twerps lacking in any warmth of humanity our ficticious OP may well find easy sex...which will be about as fulfilling as another glass of beer and forgotten just as quickly.
>>The trouble is he may never find a real woman, poncing about with apparently female versions of baseball hatted twerps lacking in any warmth of humanity our ficticious OP may well find easy sex...which will be about as fulfilling as another glass of beer and forgotten just as quickly.<<

I think its called being young, gord.
Rodney pulled Cassandra in a Reliant Robin. And he wasn't a millionaire (will be this time next year).
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Bellboy
i once pulled a tart in a bread shop and i got a free paper bag...
The paper bag to put over its head while you doing the deed I suppose? If requested I will explain the phrase "A two Bag Job"!
In case one splits.
Almost zero! The idea apparently is that one wears one each of you, for that reason, rather than 2 on 1, so to speak!
there is another version, the plastic bag job

Thats so she doesn't wake up next to you.

But that too awful to be on here.
That's vile! I am glad you didn't post it!
...That's vile! I am glad you didn't post it!...

Be even worse if he did it. :)

What is the best car for attracting girls? - bathtub tom
A local paper had a headline:

Schizophrenic kills himself with two plastic bags.
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - ....
>> there is another version, the plastic bag job
>>
>> Thats so she doesn't wake up next to you.
>>
>> But that too awful to be on here.
>>
You never fail Z.

I'm going out on one here and guessing the OP is the offspring of our Helvetian Tony ?
Last edited by: gmac on Sun 21 Nov 10 at 15:12
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Tigger
Based on the classic car show I was at, the best car for attracting girls is a huge pink cadilllac
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - Kevin
A few years ago I was seriously interested in buying a Caddy Eldorado advertised by a used car dealer about 25 miles away. It was an early 70's with the 500ci (8.2L) motor and FWD.

Despite numerous attempts to arrange a time to open the hood, drop the roof and kick the tyres the salesman never returned my calls.

A new paintjob in Dulux "Sexy Pink" and I'd now be selling it to BBD for a huge profit ;-(
Last edited by: Kevin on Sun 21 Nov 10 at 20:47
 What is the best car for attracting girls? - swiss tony

>>>I'm going out on one here and guessing the OP is the offspring of our Helvetian Tony ?

Knowt to do with me.
The mods are welcome to check IP's between the OP and myself.
Last edited by: swiss tony on Sun 21 Nov 10 at 21:34
Latest Forum Posts