Non-motoring > Where would you like to be, right now? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Badwolf Replies: 36

Where would you like to be, right now? - Badwolf
I have a day off, with little to fill it apart from a small amount of house-hold drudgery. This has led to my mind wandering. Not too far, mark you, as I daren't let it out of my sight. Anyway, if you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be, with whom and why?

Obviously, as it's my thread I'll start.

I'd love to be in Strathpeffer right now with Mrs B-to-Be. It's a truly lovely part of Scotland and very peaceful and relaxing. We've had a very tough couple of months and the chance to get away for a week away from the madding crowd is intensely appealing, if logistically impossible.

So, as Lloyd Grossman used to (nearly) say - "It's over to you".
 Where would you like to be, right now? - oilburner
I'd love to be walking my sadly missed Choc Lab through the mountains and passes of Switzerland. No better scenery in the world, save for Scotland, maybe?
 Where would you like to be, right now? - BobbyG
On a 4WD expedition to the North Pole!

Or anywhere away from my house for the next 12 weeks whilst our extension is being built and our neighbours are drawing us dirty looks!
 Where would you like to be, right now? - RichardW
On top of any of the many snow covered Scottish Mountains I can annoyingly see on my way to work now it is light in the mornings!
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Netsur
On my bike, somewhere inland of Netanya - a coastal town in Israel - amongst the orchards.
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Dog
Las Canadas National Park, Tenerife - in a Qashqai with swmbo.
 Where would you like to be, right now? - tyro
Scotland seems to be popular!

But from up here in the Highlands, I'm dreaming of Provence. (As long as it's sunny there, of course.)

It seems that the grass is always greener . . . .
Last edited by: tyro on Thu 11 Mar 10 at 12:42
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Fenlander
Scotland for me too... Ellary Estate, Argyll.

www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1472090

Not a bad view from the front lawns and kitchen/diner. With your own small boat hauled onto the foreshore you can nip off to remote beaches with just you and the wildlife.
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Bellboy
been looking forward to a week near barcelona but its full of snow in the area so i might as well join you Badwolf {P} in strathpepper because the last timee i stayed there about 4 years ago we got snowed in (it was beautiful) did i say went to went to the isle of skye while i was near and it was shut?
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Badwolf
>>the last timee i stayed there about 4 years ago we got snowed in (it was beautiful)

I can imagine that it was, bellboy. I've never been there when the snow's been bad enough to keep me there, sadly. I've stayed in a lovely cottage at the Seaforth Highland Estate just off the A835 when there's been bad snow on the A9 over Slochd Summit - the road re-opened on the morning we were due to come home. Curses!

I've been having a gander on Google Streetview at Strathpeffer - ah, lovely memories... Makes me want to pack the car and go!
 Where would you like to be, right now? - MD
>> Scotland for me too... Ellary Estate Argyll.
>>
>> www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1472090
>>
Oh! WOW!!
>> Or anywhere away from my house for the next 12 weeks whilst our extension is
>> being built and our neighbours are drawing us dirty looks!
>>
Another job I never got to price. I wanted to be there now!!

MD
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Alanovich
Today, it has to be a pub in Turin, awaiting the Fulham v Juventus game. With several thousand other Fulham fans.

I could not go due to work, family and financial considerations.

Tomorrow's answer would, of course, be entirely different!
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Ted
If I wasn't busy here, I would be at my holiday villa in Tuscany.

Trouble is, I haven't got one so I'll settle for coffee and a cake sat outside a bar in Montepulciano .

Back to the garage now....dreams shattered again !

Ted
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Pat
I'd be sitting on a rock along the cliff path at Looe, looking at the Island and dreaming of the time I shall own it!
From choice, I would be alone to listen to the sound of the sea.

Pat
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Ted

The poor rock.!!..:-)

Oh yes, I'd be listening to the sounds of my motorbike cooling down !

Ted
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Duncan
>> >> I could not go due to work family and financial considerations.
>>

Nope. You've got tax to pay.
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Alanovich
>> Nope. You've got tax to pay.

Done and dusted, Duncan. Bit the bullet.

Kind of glad I wasn't there now...........
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Focusless
Wrapped up well walking along a nice Lake District ridge. I can smell the air now...
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Bromptonaut
Scotland again. West side of Harris, Scarista, Borvemor and on towards Losgantir and Traigh Rosamol. With Mrs B and the younger B's natch.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 11 Mar 10 at 14:55
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Runfer D'Hills
Scotland again. Outside the 200 year old house in the middle of nowhere I used to own, in the Westfield I used to own.................

:-(
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Zero
I just did it.

I staked my self up at a level crossing, just north of Ely, to see 70013 Oliver cromwell power its way up the hill, with the stumpy tower of ely cathedral in the background.

Last week I wanted to see a seven bore, so I did. This week I wanted to see a steam engine, so I have. Next week? who knows but I will do it. Week after it wil be Seville.

right now I am happy to be where I am.

Surely the question should be, where would you like to spend *most* of your time.
I'm still trying to work out where there's a hill at Ely?

Pat
Ely *is* a hill - It was an Island many years ago

Out of Ely, coming up to the level crossing at the village of Queen Adelaide.
Yes, of course but it's more of a pimple really:)

Pat
It may just be a pimple to you, but to a 55 year old steam engine, hauling a load of fat diners, its the north face of everest!
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Bellboy
picture of steam train would be nice?
picture of fat diners i will pass on
 Where would you like to be, right now? - BiggerBadderDave
I miss my best mate, Mike, right now I wish I was in a sleazy London pub with him, drinking at the bar and eyeing up birds.
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Stuu
Looe harbour, steak pasty in hand with the misses.
Freshly baked from the Bakery just around the back of course:)

Pat
 Where would you like to be, right now? - smokie
In England, it would have to be Looe for me too. Stayed there many times when the kids were younger, but I have to say it's almost a completely different place out of season. That's probably even more of an appeal than kn season though!

Next week I am off to Florida and will meet up with a huge bunch of buddies at motor racing in Sebring for about the 9th year in a row for the first race of the American Le Mans series (we even made it into this year's official poster - see the Turn 10 scaffold - www.sebringraceway.com/sebring_news/news_images/Poster-2010-big.jpg - and I am fairly sure I can see myself or one of my buddies standing, watching, beer in hand, when you blow it up real large). I know Florida is not everyone's cup of tea, but it has a lot going for it weatherwise (except during the hurricane season!!) and would also feature on my list of "places to be".

Last edited by: smokie on Fri 12 Mar 10 at 07:29
 Where would you like to be, right now? - smokie
BA cabin crew have voted to strike on the day I come back from Florida.

Unfortunately I'm booked to fly with Virgin...
I am available Matey. Just get me shoes!

Martin.
>> I am available Matey. Just get me shoes!
>>
>> Martin.
>>
IN REPLY TO BBD
get out of it, you know you really meant to get your slingbacks on and get a bite of Stu's pasty.
 Where would you like to be, right now? - Iffy
I'm no sun worshipper, but it seems to have been a long, cold winter.

So I would like to be somewhere warm, but not too hot.

Where would you like to be, right now? - Dog
>>>I'm no sun worshipper, but it seems to have been a long, cold winter.

So I would like to be somewhere warm, but not too hot.<<<

Hear blimmin hear!!
Latest Forum Posts