Non-motoring > Solicitors - Don't Ya Just Luv Em! Legal Questions
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 7

Solicitors - Don't Ya Just Luv Em! - zippy
I had to use the services of a solicitor last week.

A 3rd party was contributing to the fee up to £500 and made that known to the solicitor.

One document read, 30 minute meeting. Fee £500 exactly!

Of course one is paying for their knowledge!
 Solicitors - Don't Ya Just Luv Em! - Bromptonaut
London?

Was and hourly rate mentioned?
 Solicitors - Don't Ya Just Luv Em! - bathtub tom
Cor! That's twice the MB main dealer hourly rate (perhaps they've got two?).
>> London?
>>

No, poverty stricken south coast town.

>> Was and hourly rate mentioned?
>>

One wasn't. 3rd party said find a solicitor. I did. 3rd party told solicitor that they would pay up to £500. Solicitor charged £500! I think the solicitor didn't hear the "up to" bit ;-)

3rd party has money. Lots of money.
Last edited by: zippy on Mon 14 Oct 24 at 15:34
 Solicitors - Don't Ya Just Luv Em! - Terry
A fool and their money ......................
>> A fool and their money ......................
>>

3rd party could pay £500, every minute, everyday for a year and not even come close to running out of money. I guess it's not material to them.
 Solicitors - Don't Ya Just Luv Em! - Bromptonaut
I think locally £400-£500 would be the going rate to look over, say, a settlement agreement leaving a job.
 Solicitors - Don't Ya Just Luv Em! - BiggerBadderDave
We're suing our bank and the solicitor is charging a flat fee of about £10k. The bank offered the same, £10k, to drop the case and carry on paying the mortgage but if we win (and the vast majority of similar cases here are winning), compensation and repayment will dwarf their offer. We've lost a hell of a lot more because of their initial 'error' (lies and corruption) over the last 20 years so I'm happy with their fee and we're continuing with the case.

We'll see. Shame the case won't be heard for at least 3 years, it's a long, long queue of homeowners that have been shafted.
Latest Forum Posts