Non-motoring > Travel insurance Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 12

Travel insurance - legacylad
Back in 2010 I was affected by the Iceland ash cloud event, having to return from a ski trip by mini bus, coach, cross channel ferry, rail, to collect my car from Manchester airport.

My insurer, LV, paid out all my additional costs incurred....meals in France, on the ferry, overnight accommodation in Birmingham where my ski operator left me, and onward rail fare to Manc. Paid in full and promptly.

So I remained with LV. Recently my old mum, with Alzheimer’s, had a fall in the evening, and wasn’t found by myself and neighbours until the following morning. Blue light to hospital ( that’s another story) and my next trip cancelled...I should have flown to Spain today for a week.

Contacted LV yesterday morning to ask their advise re a claim. The main cost of the trip was accommodation...I’d paid a pal to use his luxury apartment, but the dates will be moved, so not out of pocket. Possible claim was for flights, car hire, airport parking. Insurance claim dept took all relevant details, amounts paid, wanted my bank details, and lo and behind money was in my bank at the close of business same day, less my excess. Gobsmacked. No online work to do, proof of bookings, no shows etc etc but was recommended I obtain ‘ no show’ paperwork in case of a future audit by the insurer.

I’ll be staying with LV when I need to renew.
 Messages Author Date
 Travel insurance new legacylad 4 Jan 24 08:38
 Travel insurance new smokie 4 Jan 24 09:12
 Travel insurance new Bobby 4 Jan 24 15:52
 Travel insurance new Bromptonaut 4 Jan 24 16:06
 Travel insurance new Duncan 4 Jan 24 17:39
 Travel insurance new Bromptonaut 4 Jan 24 17:58
 Travel insurance new legacylad 4 Jan 24 18:13
 Travel insurance new Bromptonaut 4 Jan 24 18:14
 Travel insurance new Duncan 4 Jan 24 22:30
 Travel insurance new Bromptonaut 5 Jan 24 08:27
 Travel insurance new Duncan 5 Jan 24 08:46