Motoring Discussion > Renault - Dirt cheap ZOE
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 7

Renault - Dirt cheap ZOE - Lygonos
Fair stack of pre-reg ZOE around the country just now.

Registered Dec 2022, delivery miles, under 16 grand

eg. www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202302274686517

2 things tho - (1)ZOE is being discontinued soon with the new Renault 5 EV coming, and (2) Renault removed curtain airbags and some passive safety a year or so back (to save ££) and they got a 0-star NCAP rating as a reward.
 Renault - Dirt cheap ZOE - Bill Payer
Interesting - I'd like to get an EV onto the family fleet just to give one a try, particularly for daughter who does a 60 mile round trip commute, plus some social use, and is spending £280/mth on petrol. That could be more like £50 with an EV.

Towards £20K would be OK - I started looking as used VW ID3's but blimey, ID3 comments from owners are terrible.

How many people would knowingly buy a car with reduced safety features though?
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Sun 14 May 23 at 11:50
 Renault - Dirt cheap ZOE - CGNorwich
You do have to remember that it’s still a lot safer than many older cars that we are still all driving around in. The standards are continually raised so a ten year old five star rated vehicle might well get zero stars today.

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/renault-zoe-given-zero-stars-euro-ncap-safety-tests

As for the the ID3 I have had one since October and have had no problems whatsoever. Great car to drive, decent range, plenty of room for a vehicle of its size. Software is not as intuitive as it might be but have got used to it. A lot of issues a are around delays in updating earlier versions of software so you need to make sure it has the latest version - 3.2

>>The standards are continually raised so a ten year old five star rated vehicle might well get zero stars today.

Think the Fiat Punto fell foul of that too a few years ago.
 Renault - Dirt cheap ZOE - Bobby
I had always said to the missus that she will eventually have a Zoe when there weren’t many other electric cars around as she basically has a 5 mile each way commute and local shopping etc.

But when I looked into them, obv a few years ago, they had that battery rental cost which just seemed to be a faff and a con.

Assume they have long dropped that cost as more EVs come on board
Aye, battery rental long gone.
 Renault - Dirt cheap ZOE - Bill Payer
>> As for the the ID3 I have had one since October and have had no
>> problems whatsoever. Great car to drive, decent range, plenty of room for a vehicle of
>> its size. Software is not as intuitive as it might be but have got used
>> to it. A lot of issues a are around delays in updating earlier versions of
>> software so you need to make sure it has the latest version - 3.2

Thanks. There's a thread about them on Pistonheads at the moment and it's being pretty well torn apart. Software, controls, tyre wear etc.

The VW dealer we use has one as a service loaner and has said they'll keep it for me when Tiguan goes in early next month.
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Mon 15 May 23 at 16:45
 Renault - Dirt cheap ZOE - CGNorwich
Take the test drive and make up your own mind. The software is not the best - that's Tesla but it's far from as bad as many make out. Dont know about tyre wear as haven't had it long enough but largely dependant on how you drive. There's a lot of torque in an ev so flooring at the lights will soon scrub off tread. As far as interior is concerned I quite like the rather minimalist look but its not plush. Very comfortable and spacious though.
Latest Forum Posts