Motoring Discussion > Heated seats Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 16

Heated seats - legacylad
For my upcoming road trip to Spain, France and Andorra...a lot of miles in the Pyrenees and Marina Alta, I’d narrowed my car search down to a short list of one.
A Vitara SZ5..the reliability record and good all round viz being of primary importance.

Whilst checking specs I was surprised that heated seats aren’t fitted, nor, to the best of my knowledge, are they an option. It’s not quite a deal breaker, but after a long time of car ownership with heated seats, my first being a D reg Volvo 240 estate, its a bummer.
No pun intended

Last September I had a rental Fiesta from Alicante with both heated seats and steering wheel.
 Heated seats - zippy
I miss them on the current Hyundai. The previous higher spec one had them.

I'm not doing the mileage I used to in the winter but was tempted to by an aftermarket heated seat from Halfords (haven't got round to it yet).

I see you can also buy the inserts to go in the seats www.dometic.com/en-gb/outdoor/uk/products/safety-and-security/driver-assistance-systems/seat-heater

and no doubt cheaper on eBay at your own risk.
 Heated seats - smokie
They look a bit of a faff to install Zippy

"To install the Dometic MagicComfort heating pads, first take the seats out of your vehicle. Remove all plastic panelling from the seats and seperate the backrest. You can trim the heating element to the required length and customize the cut-out sections as required. After insulating all the trimmed ends with the insulating material simply insert the pad into the space between the seat’s covering and the foam core. Fasten the heating element using double-sided adhesive tape to prevent creases. Reassemble the seats and you’re done!"
 Heated seats - carmalade
Heated seats are available, but not for the uk market. My wife runs an SZT , which is the spec below the SZ5, it’s got heated mirrors but little else on the comfort side . However the navigation screen is good and it’s easy to drive with easy access . It’s a functional no frills motor . The 15 year old Mondeo that I sold before the Vitara had loads more kit .
 Heated seats - legacylad
You haven’t tried to talk me out of buying one, which is a good sign.

Out of curiosity I looked on AT at the XC40. Must have a sunroof..but it’s got heated seats. More expensive but got me thinking..not convinced about the reliability aspect of the 1.5 3cyl
 Heated seats - Runfer D'Hills
One of those jacked up Focus estate thingies would be ideal.
Oh wait…
;-)
 Heated seats - legacylad
>> One of those jacked up Focus estate thingies would be ideal.
>> Oh wait…
>> ;-)
Disliked the thing within 30 miles of driving it home.
On paper, apart from the lack of horses, it was my ideal car.

Still luvin the GRY...big smile every time I get behind the wheel. It’s fan tabby dozy.
 Heated seats - zippy
>>A Vitara SZ5..the reliability record and good all round viz being of primary importance.

A very good mate has one. Loves it. It's a 2015 model 4x4 on the old 1.6 petrol engine and it has been trouble free.

He's the bloke who has now been given 2,000 shares to stay with his employer. The shares are worth £100 each so not short of a pound or two and could afford a smarter, newer car but likes the Vitara.

Heated seats - Dog
>>A very good mate has one. Loves it

Bought one for the ole woman - ex demo 21 model, 4x4 hybrid auto (TC) She luvs it, and the car :)
 Heated seats - R.P.
Even the UP ! has them. Excellent two stage ones, which warm the whole seat not just the base.
 Heated seats - Rudedog
The only slight disappointment with mine is that they've done away with the switch being on a timer so they stay on until you turn them off... on my mk5 they went off after about ten minutes. Same with the rear de-icer and drivers heated mirror all now stay on until you turn them off... apparently this has caused a few issues with the driver mirror-glass falling off as the constant heat can affect the glue holding it against the carrier.

Now have to make a conscious effect to check them after ten minutes or so.
 Heated seats - Runfer D'Hills
I drove from Belfast to Cheshire on Thursday night (via Cairnryan) in “that” weather.
The two features I most appreciated on my car that night were the winter tyres that kept it feeling planted on the dodgy surfaces and the bum warmers that allowed me to keep the cabin cool while cosseting my nethers.
 Heated seats - Zero
Drove to Crufts yesterday at 6:00am in a wet wet snow storm. Lurved the heated seats and the 4 wheel drive
 Heated seats - Bromptonaut
>> Drove to Crufts yesterday at 6:00am in a wet wet snow storm. Lurved the heated
>> seats and the 4 wheel drive

Never had a car of my own with heated seats and never missed them.

Are you judging at Crufts or showing your own dogs?
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sat 11 Mar 23 at 10:49
 Heated seats - Zero
>> >> Drove to Crufts yesterday at 6:00am in a wet wet snow storm. Lurved the
>> heated
>> >> seats and the 4 wheel drive
>>
>> Never had a car of my own with heated seats and never missed them.
>>
>> Are you judging at Crufts or showing your own dogs?

Me and my young goldie were competing in the Inter Regional team Obedience Final, for the Winning South East & East Anglia team.
 Heated seats - Kevin
>Me and my young goldie were competing in the Inter Regional team Obedience Final..

What the hell made her choose you for an 'Obedience' trial??
 Heated seats - Zero
You always do what you are told by a ginger bitch, you know that.
Latest Forum Posts