Non-motoring > Six nations 2023 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 9

Six nations 2023 - Runfer D'Hills
I guess some here caught the England / Scotland match?
Clearly I’m one who was pleased with the final score, but even leaving that aside, what a great game of rugby that was eh?
Thoroughly enjoyed it, could have gone either way right to the end and played exceptionally well by both sides.
I’m not all that partisan about who wins these things, but I love to see people who are really good at their sports being really good at them.
 Six nations 2023 - Duncan
Dreadful defensive play, especially tackling by England. I left my club as soon as I saw the referee put the whistle to his lips for 'no side'.

Congratulations to Scotland, they out perform considering their playing population, resources etc. Hurts me to say it, but they deserved to win.

Runfer - didn't know you were a Sweatie?
Grew up in Edinburgh Duncan. But (see what I did there ?) ;-) I’ve spent most of my adult life trying to raise the standards of less fortunate parts of the world.
>> But (see what I did there ?) ;-) I’ve spent
>> most of my adult life trying to raise the standards of less fortunate parts of
>> the world.
>>

Is it better or worse to remember the mistake, or to repeat it?
That could almost be Shakespeare. I’m getting quite emotional.
;-)
 Six nations 2023 - Zero

>> Is it better or worse to remember the mistake, or to repeat it?

We like to nurture you Duncan, its like putting fertiliser on a nettle patch.
Well now, Italy/France was another tale of the unexpected wasn’t it? Shaping up to be a pleasingly unpredictable tournament this year. At this stage anyway.
I think Italy were lucky to get that penalty try.

V. iffy in my book.
Well that’s it then. Enjoyable tournament this year, some great play all round.
 Six nations 2023 - R.P.
Wales (unsurprisingly) so many things going on in the WRU, not least the stupid pillocks banning the playing of Delilah( on the grounds that it was a song about domestic murder) on the field, a week after the executive had the whistle blown on their sexist bullying ways and the threat to strike just before the England game. They played better towards the end of the Six Nations to be fair and ducked the Wooden Spoon. Hopefully they'll pull their finger out for the World Cup now that Gatland is back !
Latest Forum Posts