Non-motoring > My music is dying.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 21

My music is dying.. - tyrednemotional
...there have been a few recently, but they seem to be accelerating.

Wilko Johnson, Jeff Beck and now David Crosby - I'll have to riffle through my vinyl and put a bet on the next one to go. :-(

It makes I feel rather old!
 My music is dying.. - John Boy
I know the feeling - I was exactly the same age as Christine McVie when she died.
 My music is dying.. - legacylad
To be fair, it’s not a young age to croak.

No disrespect intended
>> To be fair, it’s not a young age to croak.
>>
>> No disrespect intended
>>

...Crosby or me?... ;-)
 My music is dying.. - John Boy
Perhaps LL was responding to my post. If so, it's fair comment. In the late 80s my mother had a form to fill in and asked me to tell her the year my Dad died. When I'd found it for her I realised I was exactly the same age then, 44, as he was when he died. I've felt as if I've been living on borrowed time ever since.
I think that U.K. average male life expectancy is 78, female 82....I could be wrong but those figures are averaged down slightly because life expectancy is slightly lower in Scotland.

My Aunt made it to 99, which is almost 50 more than my father. Fortunately I never consider that I’ve been living on borrowed time ever since I reached the age at which he passed away, which is getting on for 20 years ago. Subconsciously, that may be why I’m very impetuous when I get the opportunity to do stuff...I rarely put off doing stuff if I get half a chance. And a few I have done still rankle with me.
Last edited by: legacylad on Sat 21 Jan 23 at 06:43
 My music is dying.. - CGNorwich
Life expectancy is of course dependant on age so average life expectancy at birth is not very meaningful in guessing how long you have left!
 My music is dying.. - Ted

Thanks a bunch, Leggylad. I'm 78 this year. However, dying is the last thing I intend to do !

Ted
Relax Ted, UK life expectancy for a 78 year old male in the U.K. is 88 years.
...that's the UK average, but he's in Manchester.... ;-)

The utter purity of our tap water will ensure a life well into the 90s, T&E

Ted
...you drink tap water...!!!??
 My music is dying.. - bathtub tom
>> ...you drink tap water...!!!??
Perhaps he hasn't considered what fish do in it.
>> >> ...you drink tap water...!!!??
>> Perhaps he hasn't considered what fish do in it.
>>
I used to drink lots of tea...haven’t drunk coffee at home for several years, but in recent years I increasingly drink tap water throughout the day, especially so with meals.

Coffee is reserved for airport cappuccino to wake me up if it’s an early flight, or the occasional cup sat at a pavement cafe watching the world go by...maybe 3 cups a week whilst on holiday.

Very fortunate that my tap water is quaffable.
I drink a lot of coffee, about six cups a day plus a couple of cups of tea. Hardly ever drink water tap or otherwise. Usually have a glass of wine with my dinner.
 My music is dying.. - sooty123
Hardly ever drink water tap or otherwise.

Living in Norfolk, it's probably for the best.
>> >> ...you drink tap water...!!!??
>> Perhaps he hasn't considered what fish do in it.
>>

Not very often Tubby, but our water comes from Thirlmere and Haweswater and is as pure as spring water. We had a random visit from a water inspector who told me that he did,'t know why he was employed....never found a problem. Oh, our kettles and stuff don't fur up either !

Ted
 My music is dying.. - Kevin
I thought Manchester had Perrier piped in through gold-plated water mains?

Sipped from solid gold cups while gorging on fine Collyhurst grown grapes and bathing in water from the Irwell !

Ted
 My music is dying.. - Zero
>>our water comes from Thirlmere and Haweswater and is as
>> pure as spring water.

it was till my dogs peed in it.
 My music is dying.. - Bromptonaut
>> it was till my dogs peed in it.

Alfred Wainwright, writing of the problem of peeing while on the fells, claimed to have paid particular attention to Manchester's gathering grounds.
 My music is dying.. - Zero
>> ...there have been a few recently, but they seem to be accelerating.
>> Wilko Johnson, Jeff Beck and now David Crosby - I'll have to riffle through my
>> vinyl and put a bet on the next one to go. :-(
>> It makes I feel rather old!

but not as old as he looks here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fE06X25fDU&ab_channel=FarmAid
Latest Forum Posts