Non-motoring > Tooth Guards Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 5

Tooth Guards - martin aston
Yes I had a dentist-made one several years back. It took a few nights to keep it in as your reflex is to push it out while you sleep. It did the job and, after a year or so, my grinding seemed to stop although I do know I tend to clench my teeth on occasions during the day which no night guard is going to stop.

Mine was custom made like they do for a denture (wax impression etc) and covered all my lower teeth. It also was trimmed by the dentist after a follow up visit to stop it rubbing. Maybe nowadays it’s done by a computer and probe creating a 3D virtual model. This is how my dentist creating my recent implant. As for online guards I am not sure what’s available online but given that jaw and tooth alignment can affect headaches and tooth wear I would be inclined to get one fitted by the dentist but do you get a custom made one for £100, it seems a bit cheap? Are his just generic off the shelf guards? In that case online might be just as good.

Finally as it sits in your mouth for hours on end I would want to know what any online one was made of and that nothing was leaching from it.

Fair play to your dentist for not just flogging you his in house solution.
 Messages Author Date
 Tooth Guards  zippy 3 Jan 23 02:15
 Tooth Guards  martin aston 3 Jan 23 06:36
 Tooth Guards  Lygonos 4 Jan 23 00:00
 Tooth Guards  Ted 4 Jan 23 00:17
 Tooth Guards  sooty123 4 Jan 23 18:28
 Tooth Guards  Crankcase 4 Jan 23 18:35
Latest Forum Posts