Non-motoring > How Stupid Can People Be? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 4

How Stupid Can People Be? - Robin O'Reliant
Last year in nearby Goodwick a 72 year old woman was mauled to death by her daughter's American bulldog while she was babysitting. Her injuries were so severe that the attending paramedics had to receive counselling afterwards. lumps of flesh were scattered over the kitchen and the garden.

This afternoon emergency services were called to the same address, another dog attack, this time by FOUR American bulldogs. Two people taken to hospital, one with injuries that are described as serious.

It simply beggars belief.

www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/news/23145049.second-goodwick-dog-attack-scene-fatal-incident/
 How Stupid Can People Be? - Manatee
Hard to credit.

I wonder if the dogs have been trained to be aggressive. The article says they are not a banned breed.
 How Stupid Can People Be? - Terry
I am not an animal lover, although I accept many are.

Owners should be responsible for the behaviour of their dogs and properly punished for their actions. A serious life changing assault cannot be justified. Minimum of 10 years inside.

It would make owners far more aware of the threat these "pets" constitute, and both select and train accordingly. The dangerous dogs act is clearly ineffectual as it currently exists.
 How Stupid Can People Be? - Zero
>> Hard to credit.
>>
>> I wonder if the dogs have been trained to be aggressive. The article says they
>> are not a banned breed.

American Bulldogs, Basically a big pitbull, but not classed as such so not banned. Big strong wary and naturally dominant, I know a few, they are lovely loyal dogs but need to be trained early with boundaries. 4 in one household is a recipe for disaster.

Surprised the owner of the dog in the previous incident wasn't banned from having them.
 How Stupid Can People Be? - zippy
Drugs related perhaps - ferocious dogs are apparently used as weapons?

Godawful though.
Latest Forum Posts