Motoring Discussion > Tyre Going Down Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 7

Tyre Going Down - Bromptonaut
Had a problem with the Berlingo for a while where, over 2-3 weeks, the n/s front delates from the 2.4 (or thereabouts) bar required to around 1.5. First noticed it pulling to the left and then that tyre was definitely looking 'squishy'.

Have just kept re-inflating it using my electric pump. Usually at same time as checking pressures generally before towing as we treat that as heavily laden and increase rear pressures.

Anyway today I took it to my preferred 'fast fit' emporium, Formula 1 in Northampton, to be remedied.

Tech removed tyre and reported that the alloy was corroded a bit on the inner side and smoothed it off with a wire brush. Reseal bead, new valve refit and balance.

Hopefully OK now and I departed after 30 minutes £22.99 lighter.

First time I've been anywhere like that and had issue dealt with by a female tech.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 22 Nov 22 at 13:54
 Tyre Going Down - Robin O'Reliant
I had that problem with the front tyre on a Kawasaki 500cc bike a few years back. Wouldn't hold the pressure and no signs of anything in the tyre, the local bike shop cleaned the rim up and all ok.
 Tyre Going Down - Zero
Its a common enough occurrence, and of course once you drive it "squishy" it breaks the bead seal even more allowing more crud in and more corrosion and air out.
 Tyre Going Down - BiggerBadderDave
'Tech removed tyre and reported that the alloy was corroded a bit on the inner side and smoothed it off with a wire brush. Reseal bead, new valve refit and balance. '

Ditto

I had a slow puncture and a new set of tyres didn't cure it. I took it back to tyre-guy and he sanded it down. A male tyre-guy unfortunately.
Last edited by: BiggerBadderDave on Tue 22 Nov 22 at 17:18
 Tyre Going Down - Falkirk Bairn
Costco had a sign up - Puncture repair £9.99 inc VAT

It's quite a few years since a puncture repair was under £10!
 Tyre Going Down - Timeonmyhands
No inflation, that’s strange.
 Tyre Going Down - neiltoo
£8/99 in Rochdale!
 Tyre Going Down - Boxsterboy
>> Had a problem with the Berlingo
>> Anyway today I took it to my preferred 'fast fit' emporium, Formula 1
>>

You don't often see Berlingos in Formula 1! :-)
Latest Forum Posts