Motoring Discussion > Ford - Puma ST Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 29

Ford - Puma ST - legacylad
Asking for a fiend…
Girlie car ? Discuss.

Whereas my fiend thinks the GR Yaris is a blokey mode of transport
 Ford - Puma ST - Runfer D'Hills
Supposed to be a nice drive I gather. I don’t mind a warm Ford.
I don’t mind a warm Ford.
>>
Back in the day I had an XR 4X4. 2.8 V6. On a D plate. About as much power as the current 1.5 3cyl, and thrice as thirsty.
Around the same time I used to road rally an RS2000. As a privateer in a motor club I was spectacularly unsuccessful. My gonads weren’t large enough to go all out, but it was as fun and cheap… it was my normal road car for a while, with an additional plastic fuel tank in the boot. And a tight rear riff so it hopped round roundabouts ! Happy days.
Last edited by: legacylad on Fri 1 Jul 22 at 12:52
 Ford - Puma ST - Zero
>> Asking for a fiend…
>> Girlie car ? Discuss.

A good little fun car, would like 'er indoors to have had one so i could drive it and claim it was the wifes. Plus I know the beemer would still have been faster than 'ers. In the end she said it was too scary.

>> Whereas my fiend thinks the GR Yaris is a blokey mode of transport

It is Deffo, and long may it stay that way. Far too hard core for a girlie.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 1 Jul 22 at 11:01
Z, didn’t you mention a neighbour had taken delivery of a GR ? Any feedback, positive or not ?
 Ford - Puma ST - Zero
>> Z, didn’t you mention a neighbour had taken delivery of a GR ? Any feedback,
>> positive or not ?

Not a neighbour, about 100 yards down the road, so not someone I speak to, its sits there, in steel grey, looking menacing on his drive.

My son has driven one, couldn't get much out of him, he was babbling and slobbering too much.
Does this friend have anything to trade in? Like a Focus estate or something maybe?
Fiesta ST is supposed to be a bit Vindaloo. Never driven one or even been in one but the journos seem to think they are a pretty good. If your “friend” could see themselves in one.
 Ford - Puma ST - Zero
>> Fiesta ST is supposed to be a bit Vindaloo. Never driven one or even been
>> in one but the journos seem to think they are a pretty good. If your
>> “friend” could see themselves in one.

Its a bit baseball cap, cranked back seat drive tho init? Ideal of course for an older bloke who has lost the pulse of the fashion market, desperate to regain his long gone yoof tho.
Yes, I suppose it would feel appropriate to wear at least some form of disguise when driving one. Fun as it may well be.
Fiesta is always my preferred rental in Spain…fabulous car for hooning around the mountain roads of the Marina Alta. But I’m with Z on this…it’s got a baseball cap image and a battered Tilley hat wouldn’t look right.

Per chance there may be an eminently practical, fully specced Focus Active estate surplus to requirements in the none too distant future.
Last edited by: legacylad on Fri 1 Jul 22 at 12:44
Wonder what you’re supposed to wear when driving a Puma then?
I’ll try not to dwell too long on that, but it’s bothering me now.
 Ford - Puma ST - tyrednemotional
...BBD can probably advise you...
That’s Cougars isn’t it?
 Ford - Puma ST - tyrednemotional

>>That's Cougars isn't it?

...BBD could probably advise you on that as well...
 Ford - Puma ST - VxFan
>> Wonder what you’re supposed to wear when driving a Puma then?

Perhaps legacylad could phone his fiend ;)
I’ll stick with asking the audience.
One would hope it’s not Crocs. Plenty of Puma’s around in this part of the world..I need to pay more attention and see if they’re driven by young Cypriot girlies.
Or old blokes
Last edited by: legacylad on Fri 1 Jul 22 at 13:20
 Ford - Puma ST - sooty123
From what I've seen it's a mixture of both.
I think it’s the sort of car anyone could enjoy, no matter how their plumbing is arranged or how old their installation is.
Just looks kind of fun, and probably is. A bit like my wife’s Renegade in a way, no logical reason to buy one or justification for them really, but one of those cars that just has the ability to make for a happy journey.
And things that make people happy are a vanishingly small commodity right now.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Fri 1 Jul 22 at 13:46

>> >> Whereas my fiend thinks the GR Yaris is a blokey mode of transport
>>
>> It is Deffo, and long may it stay that way. Far too hard core for
>> a girlie.

Waiting lists currently closed until 2023, and 2021 reg are selling at considerable premiums to list in several dealerships.
Motorpoint had one in the colour and spec I was interested in, but understandably, wouldn’t keep it until my return from overseas when I’d need to p/ex Henry.
It just wasn’t meant to be...
 Ford - Puma ST - Zero

>> Waiting lists currently closed until 2023, and 2021 reg are selling at considerable premiums to
>> list in several dealerships.

Production runs are low and batched, countries have limited quotas, demand outstrips supply.
 Ford - Puma ST - zippy
Some Puma's available here - with a discount - but not STs

www.new-car-discount.com/car/ford/puma-hatchback/hatchback/petrol/manual/1.0-ecoboost-hybrid-mhev-titanium-5dr/19/
Z,

I’m being quoted delivery dates of late 2023. I’ve put a deposit down pre road test tomorrow on a demo model at JCT600 Rawdon. ..the refundable deposit means that the vehicle won’t be sold in the meantime.
My preferred colour, as per the Harry’s Garage car, is Scarlet Flare, this one is Mica Black. All the videos I’ve watched recommend the Circuit Pack.....gripper tyres, front & rear diffs, but the Convenience Pack has a better sound system, reversing camera, Head Up Display, so I don’t care what the journos say and happy to take a hit in higher depreciation if I think it will suit my needs as a day to day driver.

We’ll see how we get on.
 Ford - Puma ST - Zero

>> We’ll see how we get on.

Well that will get your blood flowing after a period of henry ownership.

The guy down the road has a kind of bluey/steel grey paint scheme on his looks classy and mean. have to say not impressed with the current available colours, they must have changed them.
have to say not impressed with the current available colours, they
>> must have changed them.
>>
Don’t think so.
Still the four original colours....two whites, Scarlet Flare red And Mica black, although the latter may have a dark grey bluey tinge in natural light.

Almost totally impractical really, and my problem has always been impulsiveness.
 Ford - Puma ST - maltrap
I realise it's a typo but asking for a FIEND adds a whole new dimension to your question.
 Ford - Puma ST - bathtub tom
Isn't a Puma just a Fiesta with a (heavier) body on it? I looked into them ten or so years ago and ruled them out because of their weight.
 Ford - Puma ST - Dog
>>I looked into them ten or so years ago and ruled them out because of their weight

"It may share its name with a sporty little coupe from the 1990s, but the new Ford Puma is actually a small SUV to rival the Nissan Juke, Volkswagen T-Roc and Honda HR-V.

Like its namesake, it’s based on the Fiesta, yet it offers class-leading practicality, a fun driving experience and mild-hybrid engines"

www.honestjohn.co.uk/ford/puma/

Ford - Puma ST - sooty123
They look a bit sitty uppy type of car, a bit like the CHR from Toyota size/shape wise.
Latest Forum Posts