Non-motoring > DVD/BLU-RAY Disc Rental Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 12

DVD/BLU-RAY Disc Rental - Ambo
I have used Cinema Paradiso for years but the site has become dysfunctional, for example not allowing new reservations. Its Help facility doesn't respond. If other posters have his problem, how did they fix it please? Do they know of other disc rental companies? I can't find any myself.
 DVD/BLU-RAY Disc Rental - Zero
DVD - Afraid its a dying and nearly dead technology. You need to stream online anything you want to watch now.
Strange then that I wasn't warned by the company. Maybe it is waiting for my existing reservations list to be used up, hence monthly subscriptions continued. At some point the relevant direct debit must be cancelled.
Ah, a DD. I'd get your bank to stop that ASAP.
It appears the company is still up and running. you may have local issues with your web browser. You'll need to keep contacting them

www.cinemaparadiso.co.uk/help/contactus/
 DVD/BLU-RAY Disc Rental - R.P.
What Zero says. BBC iPlayer has now started streaming in UHD. Superb picture. I have 100s of DVDs though :-(
 DVD/BLU-RAY Disc Rental - Stuartli
>> What Zero says. BBC iPlayer has now started streaming in UHD. Superb picture. I have 100s of DVDs though :-( >>

Quite a few programmes have been streamed in UHD for a while now.

Have you ever tried watching the YouTube 8K and 12K videos? Even in 4K they are stunning, especially those featuring animals and colourful plant life.
 DVD/BLU-RAY Disc Rental - Crankcase
I'm a member of Cinema Paradiso. I just tried; it's working fine for me.

Just added yet another movie you won't get to stream anywhere, which of course is the value of the service. Almost nothing on my huge list of stuff there is streamable.
just out of interest, what movie was it?

DVD/BLU-RAY Disc Rental - Crankcase
"Too Late for Tears", 1949. Stars the delicious Lizabeth Scott and the not delicious Dan Duryea.

Yes, Plex have got it in horrid quality with ads, and Prime has it if you sub to the right channel, no ads but horrid quality.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 27 Jun 22 at 17:30
>> "Too Late for Tears", 1949. Stars the delicious Lizabeth Scott and the not delicious Dan
>> Duryea.

SLAP! Thats just to remind you you're in a tough racket now
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 27 Jun 22 at 18:35
Paradiso themselves came up with the solution to my problem: press CTRL and - together and full details reappear and remain.

DVD/BLU-RAY Disc Rental - Dog
>>Have you ever tried watching the YouTube 8K and 12K videos? Even in 4K they are stunning, especially those featuring animals and colourful plant life.

Although I have a Sony OLED TV, I've never actually watched anything in UHD, so I gave YouTube a go and watched Costa Rica, Planet Earth etc.

Very impressive, apart from the ads and the whirly whirly due to only having a 13 Mbps connection.
Latest Forum Posts