Non-motoring > Hit & run at JFK. Aircraft this time Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

Hit & run at JFK. Aircraft this time - henry k
abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/planes-collide-tarmac-jfk-85631445
Poor ATC actions followed.

Enjoy your flights.
 Hit & run at JFK. Aircraft this time - legacylad
That link shows quite a small Alitalia aircraft, similar in size to the 737 I flew on yesterday.

I didn’t enjoy my flight. One hour late boarding due to a technical problem...a door wouldn’t close properly. Then we sat on board the scheduled 15:20 Jet2 to Larnaca for 2.5 + hours awaiting a new flight slot....bad weather over Germany apparently, to be fair there was choppy air, although the slightly later Jet2 departure to Paphos only experienced a 50 minute delay. Strange.

Arrived my rented apartment on the outskirts of Protaras @ 03:00. And I don’t like the apartment or Protaras, which was recommended by a friend in the travel industry. That’ll teach me. Thank goodness I’ve a hire car from tomorrow onwards to escape and discover off the beaten track.
 Hit & run at JFK. Aircraft this time - Dog
Looks okay for a holly day or two:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g667803-Activities-Protaras_Paralimni_Famagusta_District.html
 Hit & run at JFK. Aircraft this time - martin aston
I know you are a seasoned traveller LL but arriving in the dead of night after a flight delay has put me off places before. We had that with Seville. Bland hotel, noisy busy streets the next day and a feeling we’d made a big mistake.
Twenty four hours later, rested and fed and we loved it. We’ve been back a couple of times since. I hope you find your place better as you settle in.
 Hit & run at JFK. Aircraft this time - Bromptonaut
>> That link shows quite a small Alitalia aircraft, similar in size to the 737 I
>> flew on yesterday.

They've used assorted library pictures. The Italian machine involved was an A330, so a bit smaller than the 777 it clipped bit a lot bigger than the A320 series machines showed for both Italian and French aircraft in that report.

avherald.com/h?article=4fa8c6e9&opt=0
 Hit & run at JFK. Aircraft this time - Manatee

>>
>> They've used assorted library pictures.

Alitalia doesn't exist now.
 Hit & run at JFK. Aircraft this time - Bromptonaut
>> Alitalia doesn't exist now.

It's reported that the aircraft involved had passed to Alitalia's successor but was still painted in the old company's livery.
Latest Forum Posts