Computer Related > Very slow hotmail Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 13

Very slow hotmail - bathtub tom
My PC's gone into treacle mode (again). Hotmail takes ages to respond to any key presses. In task manager - users - myhotmailaddress, it's showing 15% CPU, 93% memory, 97% disc.
It's just sitting there open in a tab, not currently being used. Any suggestions what I can do about it?
I've cleared cookies and cache.
Windows 10, Firefox.
 Very slow hotmail - Zero
Everyone is going to disagree, but

Format the disk, reload Windows.

Its the only guaranteed fix, and needs to be done every two - three years anyway.
 Very slow hotmail - Dog
>>Windows 10, Firefox.

Same 'ere = mucho slow.
 Very slow hotmail - smokie
Is it just Hotmail that's slow?

Can you tell what is using the memory?

Is your disk fairly full?
It's hotmail that's very slow and seems to be slowing everything else. Task manager says it's hotmail using the memory. Disc is using 59GB of 405GB, I've done a disc clean.
I closed hotmail (took ages) and now everything else has sped up. Tried to re-open hotmail twenty minutes ago and I'm still geting the blue envelope with the blue matrix popping up!
 Very slow hotmail - Zero
>> I closed hotmail (took ages) and now everything else has sped up. Tried to re-open
>> hotmail twenty minutes ago and I'm still geting the blue envelope with the blue matrix
>> popping up!

Did you reboot the pc after you shut down your mail reader app. What mail app do you use btw?
>>Did you reboot the pc after you shut down your mail reader app. What mail app do you use >>btw?

I didn't re-boot, as I noticed a windows update has been downloaded, so I'll do that overnight.
Mail app? hotmail?
Hotmail's still not re-loaded.
I think Z is asking do you just go to your browser for Hotmail or do you use some other program, if so which one?
 Very slow hotmail - Biggles
If you are using the Windows Mail app, this stopped working on my wife's computer. An install of Office Pro with Outlook sorted her problems.
 Very slow hotmail - sherlock47
W10
Cumulative Update for 21H1 KB5014699
Feature Update 21H2

Both tried to install on 14/6/22 and caused machine to initially lock up in installing updates.

Of course this would happen as I came to send some time critical emails +files!

A nervous 'hard' power off - on. It rewoke machine and allowed me to send the necessary files.

However the machine was very slow and did not resume normal working until next morning follow various reboots and ' cleaning up ' cycles.

So I guess the problems are MS inspired.
It's flying along this morning and hotmail loaded instantly. I guess it was an MS problem.
My mate who is dependent on me for his IT brought his PC round a few months back, performing diabolically. It was a MS update which was trying to load but because it kept hanging he kept rebooting it so it never completed.

I just allowed it to complete and all was OK.

It's back in the same state now though... could be the same cause
 Very slow hotmail - VxFan
Whenever my 8 yr old desktop running Win 10 decides to have a treacle moment, I reboot it, then run CCleaner to clear out all the files (apart from saved cookies) from the web browsers I use, then back up the registry and clean that up too, also using CCleaner.

Seems to run fine again after that.
Latest Forum Posts