Non-motoring > Yet Another School Shooting... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 8

Yet Another School Shooting... - zippy
I have been avoiding posting about the latest school shooting in Texas, which I saw unfold on the news due to my insomnia.

What really surprises me are the real heroes of the event, being the two dead teachers who tried in vain to shield the kids.

Similar to Gwen Mayor in Dunblane and perhaps the natural reaction of a good person.

Today, it appears that the husband of one of the two teachers has also died of a heart attack, leaving four orphaned children.

If there is a hell I hope the perpetrator is there.

Astonishingly there have been 248 mass shooting incidents so far this year in the USA, but most don't make the news.

The US people need to stand up to the lobbyists and the NRA and sort this out.
 Yet Another School Shooting... - Duncan
Guns are the biggest cause of deaths in the USA for children.

www.axios.com/2022/05/26/gun-deaths-children-america
 Yet Another School Shooting... - Zero

>> The US people need to stand up to the lobbyists and the NRA and sort
>> this out.
>
48% of the US people, and ALL the people in Texas support the NRA. And the second amendment.

Its unfixable, and will eventually bring down US society,
 Yet Another School Shooting... - CGNorwich
I was in Crete for a week earlier this month and took a trip up into the White Mountains. Our guide was explaining the gun culture on the island. Every one in Crete is allowed to own a gun, that would give around half a million guns but the police estimate that there may be five times that number. Guns are all types from pistols to assault rifles. Most of the road signs in the mountains are riddled with bullet holes and firing guns in the air at social events such as weddings is the norm. Vendettas still take place in the mountains an the area beyond the metalled road is a no go area for the police.

Yet Another School Shooting... - Manatee
That's 248 occasions when four or more people been shot at the same time, not necessarily killed. It does for example include an instance when four are wounded.
 Yet Another School Shooting... - zippy
>> That's 248 occasions when four or more people been shot at the same time, not
>> necessarily killed. It does for example include an instance when four are wounded.
>>

I would suggest that the shooter, by using a gun, intended to kill, not wound the victims. Injuries may be life changing.
 Yet Another School Shooting... - Manatee

>> I would suggest that the shooter, by using a gun, intended to kill, not wound
>> the victims. Injuries may be life changing.
>>

I wasn't trivialising it, just saying what the statistic actually is, but it's nothing like 248 school shootings per year. Not to say that is anything but serious either. I believe there have been about 200 deaths in school shootings starting from Columbine.

The US seems to suffer from mass insanity where guns are concerned. The Texas Governor's response to his Democratic opponent who was demanding some action to prevent deaths was astonishing, accusing him of being political and saying it was time to come together and pray for the families etc.
 Yet Another School Shooting... - Zero

>> The US seems to suffer from mass insanity where guns are concerned. The Texas Governor's
>> response to his Democratic opponent who was demanding some action to prevent deaths was astonishing,
>> accusing him of being political and saying it was time to come together and pray
>> for the families etc.

Well you know what they say "In God we Trust". Ironically they haven't twigged its printed on all US money.
 Yet Another School Shooting... - sooty123
www.itv.com/news/2022-05-27/husband-of-teacher-killed-in-texas-school-shooting-dies-of-broken-heart

For one poor family things become even worse.
Latest Forum Posts