Non-motoring > An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 14

An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - zippy
The new logo showing a taser armed officer:

miro.medium.com/max/1400/0*s7WUnm4_9xD_DOSz.jpeg

The old British Union of Fascists logo:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Flag_of_the_British_Union_of_Fascists.svg/220px-Flag_of_the_British_Union_of_Fascists.svg.png

I hope that the similarity is not deliberate.

An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - martin aston
Unbelievable. In much less PC times (1983) the company I worked for wanted to call the debt department, Sales Support, or (seriously) SS for short.
Once pointed out it was renamed to something innocuous.
 An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - bathtub tom
Or the (probably apocryphal) story of the food product that was going to be called frozen cod pieces.
 An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - Zero
So is every high voltage electrical warning (on fences, power substations, even electric cars) a British union of Facist's similarity? A party that died out in the early 40's with a logo probably remembered by no-one currently alive.

Fuss over nothing dredged up by the anti police brigade.
>>
>> Fuss over nothing dredged up by the anti police brigade.
>>

The electricity warning symbols are usually in a triangle and very clearly warnings.

Organisations that have the ability to arrest, charge and imprison people (before trial) need to ensure that they are not using any symbolism that causes offence.

The flash in the circle is even being discussed on police sites as being inappropriate.
 An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - Zero
Until it was pointed out to you, you had no idea it was similar to the BUF
 An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - Fullchat
Apparently the Police are being discouraged from using the terms 'Sir' or ''Madam' as it could cause offence.
I think this is in the same category. People making a career out of finding something or anything to be offended by.
>> Apparently the Police are being discouraged from using the terms 'Sir' or ''Madam' as it
>> could cause offence.
>> I think this is in the same category. People making a career out of finding
>> something or anything to be offended by.
>>

What's good for the goose:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-47638527

and this persons (ex - police officer) objectionable tweets about gender got him in to trouble and he had to go to the high court to get his record cleared:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10328817/Court-Appeal-rules-police-guidance-non-crime-hate-incidents-unlawful-landmark-victory.html

>>Until it was pointed out to you, you had no idea it was similar to the BUF

Absolutely not, I am reasonably well versed in logos used by both extreme right and left wing logos and despise them both and the BUF is specifically taught about in Key Stage 3 at school (11 to 14 year olds).
Last edited by: zippy on Sun 17 Apr 22 at 21:29
>>
>> Fuss over nothing dredged up by the anti police brigade.
>>

The police would quickly arrest someone for wearing any logo or symbol that they perceived to be offensive.
 An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - Duncan

>> The police would quickly arrest someone for wearing any logo or symbol that they perceived
>> to be offensive.
>>

Zippy, your various posts in this thread - started by you - certainly confirm that you still have a massive chip on your shoulder about the police.
>> Zippy, your various posts in this thread - started by you - certainly confirm that
>> you still have a massive chip on your shoulder about the police.
>>

When you have an early morning raid and dragged off by the police based on fabricated evidence and downright lies - from an investment bank (now thankfully bankrupt) without any investigation from the police, just on the say so of the bank's head of security who was previously their senior ex-cop and before the time of no-win-no-fee, and very expensive courts, the financial impact still exists (barristers are very expensive) then you would likely be wary of anything the police do. The police and authorities refused to investigate the investment bank for the theft and illegal use of software and more importantly unauthorised use / theft of data despite clear evidence.
 An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - tyrednemotional

>>
>> I hope that the similarity is not deliberate.
>>
...there's just a little bit of me that rather hopes it is... ;-)
 An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - Dave
A local hockey team here were called the chieftans, with a red indian as their logo. They went all woke and decided it was racist, so designed a new one. It wasn’t until the relaunch, with great fanfare and mutual back slapping, that someone ponted out the new logo had a very small resemblance to the SS logo.

Back to the drawing board.
 An unfortunate logo on a new police patch / badge - martin aston
“Red Indian”. Oh dear.
Latest Forum Posts