Motoring Discussion > What Do I Do Now - Mrs Z Hit My Car! Legal Questions
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 4

What Do I Do Now - Mrs Z Hit My Car! - zippy
Our drive is big enough for 4 cars (2 side by side and 2 side by side behind the first 2) and so there is plenty of room for our two cars and skip that is currently on the drive.

My car is currently in front of the skip.

We drive on to the drive and reverse off it because it's steep. We reverse on to a bigger private drive - not on to a road.

Mrs Z reversed out and not realising my car wasn't perfectly straight hit it just after the nearside rear wheel. It's all on the huge oversized plastic bumper.

It looks a lot worse than it is and I've already managed to polish most of the scratches off but some are too deep to polish out.

Seeing the car is less than 1 year old, I am a little miffed, but not annoyed with her in the slightest - it's her first accident in 35 years of motoring. She of course is mortified.

Now, do I play up as the injured party and demand satisfaction (I'm thinking cakes, lots of them) or should I just let it go?
 What Do I Do Now - Mrs Z Hit My Car! - Zero

>> Now, do I play up as the injured party and demand satisfaction (I'm thinking cakes,
>> lots of them)

You need to judge it well, push it too far and its deep doo doo

>> or should I just let it go?

The wise option.
 What Do I Do Now - Mrs Z Hit My Car! - Manatee
She might be mortified now but if you start playing up I think you'll find it was your fault for not parking your car straight.

44 years of training tells me there's more credit to be had for being the understanding husband here, if not actually taking the blame yourself.

Whilst moving you closer to eventual beatification, her gratitude might get her baking. Double win.
Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 20 Feb 22 at 17:21
 What Do I Do Now - Mrs Z Hit My Car! - bathtub tom
If you say nothing at all, she may suspect you guilty of some perceived crime.

You're in a no-win situation, want to slash your wrists now?
 What Do I Do Now - Mrs Z Hit My Car! - zippy
>> If you say nothing at all, she may suspect you guilty of some perceived crime.
>>
>> You're in a no-win situation, want to slash your wrists now?
>>

Oh, that's cheered me up no end!!!

:-D
Latest Forum Posts