Motoring Discussion > AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... Legal Questions
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 16

AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - zippy
The AA refused to prioritise a lone woman because of equality rules.

The woman complains and now they will prioritise lone women.

www.thesun.co.uk/motors/17390942/aa-women-risk-lone-female-motorists/

However, the fact is more men get attacked then women:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56365412#:~:text=In%20general%2C%20men%20are%20more,women%20and%2079%25%20among%20men.

Should men now sue the AA for not being treated fairly and therefore put at risk? ;-)
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - Kevin
Don't worry Zippy - tell 'em you identify as being equipped with a womb.
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - Zero
Women no longer exist, they are "people who menstruate"

AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - smokie
Wasn't that the phrase which got JK Rowling in trouble? Or have I got it the wrong way round
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - Manatee
>> have I got it
>> the wrong way round

I honestly don't know. I try to have an inclusive attitude to these things, there seems to be little benefit in expending concern on issues that don't affect me or the world adversely and are important to other people. I do however deplore the fact that some would deny Ms Rowling the right to express an opinion. It's ironic that those who want to promote freedom and choice want to shut up anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I was once inclined to be against same-sex marriage, on the basis of not much more than pedantry I suppose, but when I reflected on what it meant to those who wanted to exercise the right I changed my mind, and of course it barely causes a ripple now.

AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - DeeW
JK Rowling was against that phrase.. as many women are women who don’t menstruate. They are women by virtue of their chromosomal make up. Her argument is you can identify as any gender you like, but cannot fire people for pointing out that someone born one gender, is that gender. She was defending a university lecturer who was fired for teaching that fact.
You can identify as anything you like but it does not change the basic XX or XY, despite surgery or medication. That men identifying as women, will be placed in a female prison and will skew figures after rape, as it will be recorded as a woman on woman rape despite one having a fully functioning penis, is misguided to say the least. . Victims in Court find it hard that the rapist is now identifying as a woman and will be addressed as a woman. Women in prisons are expected to treat the person with a penis as a woman, even they they are assaulted by her, and are punished if they do not accord her with her chosen name or object to sharing a shower with man, who identifies as a woman.
Yet Women who identify as men are not placed in male prisons for safety.
It appears several police forces and prisons are receiving training from Stonewall, who have moved from being a group which supports and promotes goodwill for Homosexuals and now promote one view of transgender issues.

I have one friend who has transitioned with full treatment and surgery and seems happy in her new life. Another who, it appears, did not have enough counselling and is now back as Richard, albeit without his genitalia.

>> Another who, it appears, did not have enough counselling and is
>> now back as Richard, albeit without his genitalia.

I guess it would be a little insensitive to call him Dick then.
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - DeeW
Oh, I don’t know…
>> Women no longer exist, they are "people who menstruate"

There is a university where the students union complained that non binary people menstruate ( Ie a woman with a fully functioning womb and hormones who thinks they are a bloke, or a woman with a FFW&H who is not prepared to associate with a gender) so they got sanitary product bins installed in the gents.

I am now, Apparently, CISmale. (CIS - pronounced sis --refers to people whose gender identity and expression matches the biological sex they were assigned when they were born.
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - Ambo
I am a male and I can't menstruate. Is that fair?
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - smokie
Maybe not, but I prefer it that way!
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - BiggerBadderDave
"people who menstruate"

That won't stop me.
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - bathtub tom
How on earth do they struate men?
Yeah it should have been called Girlstruate
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - Bromptonaut
>> However, the fact is more men get attacked then women:
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56365412#:~:text=In%20general%2C%20men%20are%20more,women%20and%2079%25%20among%20men.
>>
>> Should men now sue the AA for not being treated fairly and therefore put at
>> risk? ;-)

I'm not sure those stats are relevant as they cover all male victim cases. An awful lot of those are territorial stuff with gangs/drug sellers or 'handbags' over spilled drinks eyeing up women etc.

The risk to lone females in cars, apart from full on sexual violence, is lower level harassment ranging from misplaced chat up lines onwards.
 AA Breakdown - woman wants her cake... - Manatee
Yes I think there is probably a baseline fallacy here in the idea that men are more at risk while waiting for a breakdown service. Are there even any statistics for the number of men and the number of women waiting for assistance, and the numbers who are attacked?

In any case this is as much about the fear that the women experience as much as the risk of harm. And there are probably no statistics for that either.

No doubt somebody could come up with a scorecard to rank the stranded, perhaps also taking account of age, sex, state of health, surroundings. They probably have.
Last edited by: Manatee on Sat 22 Jan 22 at 10:14
)
>>
>> I'm not sure those stats are relevant as they cover all male victim cases. An
>> awful lot of those are territorial stuff with gangs/drug sellers or 'handbags' over spilled drinks

So what you are saying is that women are at low risk when they break down in an inner city area, cos the fellas are busy - all out knifing one another over turf wars, drug deals and ho ownership?
Latest Forum Posts