Computer Related > Strange email. Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 6

Strange email. - Ted
Got this today, twice.

CLOSURE OF ACCOUNT REQUEST

Dear Member ,

This is a feedback from your earlier request with instructions to close your MAIL account.

Note that your request is now being processed and we need you to confirm the account closure request.

If you didn't initiate the account closure request, click the Cancel Closure Request button immediately and login with your e-mail to cancel and update your account.

CANCEL CLOSURE REQUEST

Failure to cancel this request, your account will shutdown automatically after 48 Hours.

If you do not want the new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy to apply to you, you will no longer be able to access your account. If you would like the contents of your email account, you may obtain a copy of your data by clicking here

Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Oath (US) Limited
Shropshire House, 11-20 Capper Street, London WC1E 6JA
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service.

It came from ...miller@meltel.net... and seemingly also went to 41 other email addresses, all with an ntlworld.com address, like mine is. I haven't made any request to cancel, whatever it is !

It, and all the names in it, mean nothing to me. There is a box to fill in if you don't want cancelling but all it asks is for you to sign in to your email account...with password !

Scam ? someone after hijacking my account ? Any ideas? Virgin Media run my email, etc.

I haven't taken the bait.

Ted

typo in header corrected
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 19 Jan 22 at 02:51
 Messages Author Date
 Strange email. new Ted 18 Jan 22 22:27
 Strange email. new RichardW 19 Jan 22 08:05
 Strange email. new zippy 19 Jan 22 09:55
 Strange email. new Kevin 19 Jan 22 20:35
 Strange email. new zippy 19 Jan 22 22:22
 Strange email. new Zero 19 Jan 22 22:53
 Strange email. new Kevin 20 Jan 22 09:18