Computer Related > Deoldify Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 8

Deoldify - Crankcase
It's a tiny bit techy, but really it's just click and wait a few seconds. Chuck a black and white photo from anywhere at it, and in about thirty seconds it turns it into a colour one.

All done via AI, and it's bit of a novelty. I tried some landscapes and some photos of Edwardian actresses (well, who wouldn't?) and was very taken with the results.

deoldify.ai/

Click through at the bottom of that page (if interested once you've seen it) to this link:

colab.research.google.com/github/jantic/DeOldify/blob/master/ImageColorizerColab.ipynb

Or just stick "deoldify" into Youtube if you cba to make your own.

Deoldify - No FM2R
That's brilliant, thank you.

And there goes my afternoon....
 Deoldify - smokie
That is clever
 Deoldify - Crankcase
Mmm. I just tried the video option, having done a few photos. I chose this, a piece of footage that through modern eyes is so politically incorrect some viewers might find their heads fall off.

It did it very well, in about half an hour or so.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W99n083E0IA

Deoldify - Zero
>> Mmm. I just tried the video option, having done a few photos. I chose this,
>> a piece of footage that through modern eyes is so politically incorrect some viewers might
>> find their heads fall off.

Its ok, we know you are a black and white minstrel lover......
 Deoldify - Crankcase
In that case I'll just link myself to the software and become a coloured one.
 Deoldify - No FM2R
Did you try the animation feature?

That's a bit freaky.
 Deoldify - No FM2R
Sort of similar...

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dont-believe-your-eyes-this-is-a-black-and-white-picture-llck0jwk0

The image is definitely black and white. But there is a grid of coloured lines laid over the top which make it appear as if it is a colour picture.

When I first saw it, it looked like a normal colour picture. After I read the article I could see that it was B&W with a grid.

Because the article is probably behind a paywall I've also added the photograph separately. I assume that it will still have the same effect.

imgur.com/83UX9yE
 Deoldify - smokie
That's also very clever.
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 9 Dec 21 at 15:31
Latest Forum Posts