Motoring Discussion > Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT anomaly Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 26

Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT anomaly - hawkeye
Just be clear, good people, I feel quite able to upgrade my lights: auxiliary devices, HID, LED, 100W halogens or whatever. The trigger for my post was the glaring (ha!) injustice of car drivers being penalized vs. motorcyclists. Why is a quick route to greater light output, and therefore, by implication, greater safety, legally denied to car drivers and yet available to motorcyclists? I have made a start on the tortuous journey to greater enlightenment (!) by emailing the DVSA.

This thread is woefully short of the ridiculously forced but amusing puns made by many of you in other threads. Please get on with it.

The extra lights that had coloured centres were made by Notek, from the late 1930s onwards and were never AFAIK factory fitted to Jaguars. The lights with brown coloured centres were designated foglights and the units with blue coloured centres were spotlights. As any chav will tell you blue light travels further and faster than ordinary light. I think Jaguar favoured Lucas for the factory-fitted bumper-mounted foglights seen on many post-war models.

My car was a 3.4 S auto with the fog lights mounted where the horn grilles either side of the radiator grille used to be. It was in the days when software updates were done by some mug doing keyboard input actually on site. My Australian boss, who had never seen snow allocated me the 'East Coast run' for a payroll update in the mid '70s. Starting in Leeds, I took the M62 to Hull, then Bridlington, Driffield, Scarborough, Malton, York and back home to Leeds. It had started snowing at dawn and I had to stop every few miles to clear the snow off the windscreen and indicators. The front of the car looked like a snowplough apart from the foglights which had melted tunnels in the snow. The gods certainly looked after youthful me that day, mainly by kindly clearing everyone else from the roads. A youngster in a powerful automatic with only Dunlop SPs between me and certain destruction, and not a snowplough in sight. The following day I found out that there was a book running on whether I would complete the trip or not and, if not, whether recovery or ambulance services would be involved. Phew!

Messages Author Date
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT anoma.. new hawkeye 17 Nov 21 17:01
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT anom.. new Bromptonaut 17 Nov 21 18:05
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT anom.. new VxFan 18 Nov 21 02:59
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT ano.. new smokie 18 Nov 21 09:04
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT ano.. new hawkeye 18 Nov 21 09:06
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT an.. new Bromptonaut 18 Nov 21 09:21
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT ano.. new Zero 18 Nov 21 09:10
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT an.. new henry k 18 Nov 21 09:49
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT a.. new PeterS 18 Nov 21 10:58
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT a.. new HensTeeth 18 Nov 21 14:54
 Jaguar S-Type - Aftermarket LED MoT.. new henry k 18 Nov 21 17:58