Non-motoring > Curried mince pies Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 7

Curried mince pies - bathtub tom
SWMBO has a curry bubbling away in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. Daughters have decided we'll meet somewhere in the open tomorrow, so SWMBO's busy baking mince pies, because someone told the hulking great grandsons it's perfectly acceptable to eat mince pies in November.

Two dozen mince pies baked and with luck I'll get one after the curry.
 Curried mince pies - Runfer D'Hills
Funny how things trigger memories, this one being more than 40 years old, mince with half rice and half chips with a dollop of curry sauce on top at Teviot Row students Union in Edinburgh. All for 50p.

Couldn't begin to eat that now, but it was good then and I was different. ;-)
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sat 13 Nov 21 at 17:30
 Curried mince pies - legacylad

>> Couldn't begin to eat that now, but it was good then and I was different.
>> ;-)

I began eating curries in my teens....saw a band every Saturday night at Bradford Uni, followed by disco until 1AM, then curry in the early hours before walking home.
I’ve eaten curry ever since,,,veg in India, goat in the Windies.

Arrived in Spain 19 days ago and so far I’ve had 5 from 3 different curry shops. All hot. All eaten without cutlery...naan & chapatis to mop up.

Constitution still ok for a pensioner. No ill effects. Lamb ( mutton) lumbini, hot, pilau rice, peshwari naan and two chapatis from the Royal Buddha is one I favour. Washed down with 3 bottles of Cobra and a complimentary brandy.

You can take the boy out of Bradford......

Mince pies, you can keep em.
 Curried mince pies - Zero

>> someone told the hulking great grandsons it's perfectly acceptable to eat mince pies in November.

It is. Acceptable all year round actually.
 Curried mince pies - Manatee
Had some nice ones with gin in them from Sainsbury this week.
 Curried mince pies - Runfer D'Hills
I like to give people I don't like mince pies if they insist on visiting at Christmas. Trick is to pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds. The filling becomes like napalm but the pastry is only warm. Great sport. ;-)
 Curried mince pies - Bromptonaut
This thread reminds me of a French guy who was a fellow guest at a youth hostel on the Western Isles when my kids were little.

He'd been to the village store and returned with a jar of Robertson's Mincemeat and some bits of veg. Was a bit taken aback when he opened the jar and found it wasn't what he'd expected; basis of a stew with carrots and potatoes...
 Curried mince pies - Ted

Mrs Ted makes dozens and freezes them. We have 2 freezers in the work
shop. I have discovered that they are perfectly edible from the freezer. Rather toffee like with cold pastry.

She still thinks there's a rat stealing them !

Well, there is really !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts