Computer Related > Iphone 4s Locked out Computing Issues
Thread Author: MD Replies: 24

Iphone 4s Locked out - MD
I have one of these lying in a drawer. I completely wiped it when it got upgraded, but I want to get the thing working now for a grand sprog. Its telling me there is still a passcode attached to it. Can this be right? and if so you know the next question :-)
 Iphone 4s Locked out - No FM2R
I know little about iPhones but I think you'll find it useless for pretty much anything other than as a paper weight.
And I thought you'd be my Man, Man!
Sorry dude, but that phone is over 10 years old.
 Iphone 4s Locked out - Zero
Its in the drawer doing nothing for a reason
www.amazon.co.uk/Unlocked-Note-10-Smartphone-Processor-Black/dp/B09BTWMDRD/ref=sr_1_4
 Iphone 4s Locked out - sherlock47
>> www.amazon.co.uk/Unlocked-Note-10-Smartphone-Processor-Black/dp/B09BTWMDRD/ref=sr_1_4
>>

But read the reviews before you part with your money.
Of course you should read the reviews, but bear in mind that typically they seem to be written by someone who cannot grasp that they haven't bought a £1,000 Samsung.
I don't need to buy an unlocked phone. I just want to remember the assword for mine:-)
Or find a way around it............
 Iphone 4s Locked out - Crankcase
Went through this with an ex-employee's iPhone. Locked to his email address, no idea of the pin. He wouldn't engage.

Apple Store said they could and would unlock it IF we could provide the actual receipt for that exact phone, and photo ID and details of the original purchaser.

We couldn't. They wouldn't.

Iphone got recycled.
>> I don't need to buy an unlocked phone. I just want to remember the assword
>> for mine:-)
>> Or find a way around it............

Even if you do, none of the apps will work on it, its been declared redundant by Apple.
>> I don't need to buy an unlocked phone. I just want to remember the assword
>> for mine:-)
>> Or find a way around it............

I think I wasn't clear. Even if you could bypass the security the phone will be of no use to your grandchild. It won't run a relevant version of iOS, it will not be able to run any of the apps that matter to the kids and it certainly won't run any of the games. Even as a media player it will have insufficient space and will not be able to play the modern formats.

It will be of no value.

So, if you need or want to give them a phone, then you'll need to buy them one. And that's going to cost you about 100 quid, either for a new budget phone or for a second hand phone that was competent 3 or 4 years ago.

Really, there is no point in putting any effort into recovering the iPhone 4S - great in it's day, outdated worthless s***e now.

So little point that I am not even going to work out whether or not it is possible.

Sorry
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 1 Nov 21 at 23:43
 Iphone 4s Locked out - VxFan
>> I just want to remember the password for mine:-)

See if this one works

xxxx

;)
 Iphone 4s Locked out - Falkirk Bairn
iPhone 4 : iOS 7.1.2 is the last version supported

I changed my I-phone , 5 years old, 12 months ago as it was near end of life iOS/ battery was on it's way out otherwise pristine

I got £70, pristine, box, unused earphones, charger etc etc then, today it's £40-£60 but the buying price to buy a pristine example, with some warranty, is still £100 -£150.

>> >> I just want to remember the password for mine:-)
>>
>> See if this one works
>>
>> xxxx
>>
>> ;)
>>
I'm for ever indebted. How did you know? :-)
Well after 1.5 million attempts its permanently locked and it now tells me to connect to I-tunes. I've never used I-tunes and haven't a clue.
 Iphone 4s Locked out - Duncan
CeX will sell you one for about £28 and will buy your old - unlocked - phone for about £6.

Not worth messing about wit is it?
>> Well after 1.5 million attempts its permanently locked and it now tells me to connect
>> to I-tunes. I've never used I-tunes and haven't a clue.
>>

What part of "it's a POS, even 8f you get it unlocked it's still a useless POS and won't run anything" are you having trouble grasping?

Stop wasting your time and ours. It's fit 9nly for the bin
How polite. Actually dear it will run a recording app quite nicely thank you, which is a very convenient tool. So there.
As it's currently a brick and is staying that way, actually sweetheart, it wont
Well dearest. It's unlocked and working just fine. £9.99 at a very reputable place in a north Devon town. All legit. Once they had worked their magic all I had to do was input my Apple ID and bingo.

Cheers to all..........
If it proves to be useful then I will be;

a) very surprised
b) pleased for you and happy to be proved wrong.

Working and useful may not be the same thing.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 24 Nov 21 at 20:38
>> Working and useful may not be the same thing.

I'm not talking about employees:-)
Ha ha ha ha
 Iphone 4s Locked out - VxFan
>> What part of "it's a POS, even 8f you get it unlocked it's still a
>> useless POS and won't run anything" are you having trouble grasping?

Some of the Apps currently on it would still run. There is an App on my old iPhone4 which is no longer available in the App Store, and it's brilliant for downloading movies from the internet. Even from places like You Tube, Facebook, Horn Pub, etc.

Yes, I know you can do the same with current iPhones using the screen recording feature, but this one saves you doing any editing, and will download without interruption or any notification messages possibly popping up.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 2 Nov 21 at 13:35
Latest Forum Posts