Non-motoring > Michael Gove Green Issues
Thread Author: PeterS Replies: 3

Michael Gove - PeterS
I’ve heard less about the Tory conference than the Labour one as Brighton is just down the road, and though I’m not a massive Michael Gove fan he does come out with the odd gem in the self deprecatory way only an old school politician can…and is considerably more eloquent in his use of language than the opposition ever manage. Angela take note ;)

>>Here we are – bright lights – great atmosphere – enthusiastic young people. It reminds me >>of my last night out on the town Aberdeen. Dance like nobody’s watching they say…Well I did. >>But they WERE watching! And I know many people have recently been asking why a middle >>aged man spent more than an hour non stop unleashing a series of wildly un-coordinated >>gestures in front of a bewildered audience who were left wondering if this was some sort of >>bizarre attempt to go back to the eighties…but enough of Keir Starmer’s conference speech.
 Michael Gove - smokie
Gove is one of the best in the current government IMO. Boris got rid of many of the other candidates when they wouldn't agree with him.
 Michael Gove - Bromptonaut
>> Gove is one of the best in the current government IMO. Boris got rid of
>> many of the other candidates when they wouldn't agree with him.

Ideologically I'm diametrically opposed to Gove on most issues.

I do however respect him as a competent politician AND manager of people and events.

As Lord Chancellor and SoS for Justice he did a good job of sweeping up the mess left by the incompetent political show that was Chris Grayling. I think he'll do the same after the clown who's been sacked to let him accede to his present role.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 5 Oct 21 at 22:41
 Michael Gove - Zero
god help us all if Gove is the best they have got.
Latest Forum Posts