Motoring Discussion > Cost too much to Tax a Lambo.......... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 8

Cost too much to Tax a Lambo.......... - Zero
Beware, its the Daily Mail Website

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9946465/Owner-400-000-Lamborghini-Aventador-walks-home-tears-police-seized-untaxed-motor.html
 Cost too much to Tax a Lambo.......... - Bobby
From that same website
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9929195/Supercar-fan-spent-70-000-converting-Vauxhall-look-like-Lotus-died-crash-inquest-hears.html

Spending 70000 to make his car look like another car, surely it had to be cheaper just to buy an Exige?
 Cost too much to Tax a Lambo.......... - No FM2R
A quick look on Autotrader suggests that £70,000 is more or less exactly what it would cost.

However, no doubt he paid bit by bit over time rather than a lump sum, he probably didn't pay retail for everything, some bits will have been secondhand etc. etc. Essentially it might have £70k worth of bits on it, but I'd be reasonably sure he didn't spend that much.
Though having looked more on Autotrader, it's difficult to see how chappy's car could have been mistaken for an Exige. It doesn't look much like one.
 Cost too much to Tax a Lambo.......... - Bobby
I just can't imagine any proper car enthusiasts being impressed by someone trying to make a Vauxhall look like a Lotus. More likely to get ribbed about it.
>> I just can't imagine any proper car enthusiasts being impressed by someone trying to make
>> a Vauxhall look like a Lotus. More likely to get ribbed about it.

I have an enormous amount of sympathy, and on occasions admiration, for anybody who has a hobby they love that much. Hurts nobody and gives them a huge amount of enjoyment.
 Cost too much to Tax a Lambo.......... - Boxsterboy
>> I just can't imagine any proper car enthusiasts being impressed by someone trying to make
>> a Vauxhall look like a Lotus. More likely to get ribbed about it.
>>

Yes, but a VX220 is not really a Vauxhall - it's a Lotus Elise with Vauxhall-designed body panels (and different engine) so to make it look like an Elise-sired Exige would not have been too difficult and probably why the Police were taken in by it. A great engineering project that looks just like the real thing. Man-maths is the only way to justify the money spent by some owners on their cars.
 Cost too much to Tax a Lambo.......... - henry k
As you might guess I have no sympathy whatsoever.
I have to pay £500+ p.a.for a bog standard 2.5L petrol auto AWD Jaguar X type.
Retais at about £5K. About 10 on Autotrader.
>>As you might guess I have no sympathy whatsoever.

You and me both. Ridiculous to have a car like that and then not wish to pay the RFL.
Latest Forum Posts