Non-motoring > Poland / Israel etc. Auctions
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 12

Poland / Israel etc. - No FM2R
I wasn't going to bother with this further, but since Bromp has brought it back to the fore and I'm idle....

>>Mark, you should understand as a foreigner in a far away land. You're not one of them. I will never be one of you

In particular "you're not one of them".

For that feeling to have any relevance to me, it would have to be something I felt, not something some person unknown to me felt. And I have never considered myself either one of them or not one of them. And that includes people in the UK.

Mostly, I think, because I put no borders or lines around me. Not nationality, religion, sex, orientation or anything else. I don't make it a part of my life to push what I am upon others, nor do I care very much what they are. I just deal with people as I find them and largely as they behave towards me.

I do not find that who they sleep with or who they worship has any bearing on how I feel towards them. Unless they push it in my face; be that religion, orientation, sex or anything else.

Then I both feel resentment and get irritated.

There will always be a***holes who will focus on colour, or race, or religion, but they represent no group of which I wish to be part so "not being one of them" is a non-issue.

In my experience, Jewish people are as quick as Muslim people to push their religion onto others as the only right way. Both are just as quick to regard any criticism of them as a criticism of their religion. Both of them seem intolerant of the ways of others. Both seem very quick to perceive insults.

I have no interest in, or prejudice against, the religion of another. Particular religions which are as seemingly delicate as those followed by Jews or Muslims.
 Messages Author Date
 Poland / Israel etc. new No FM2R 15 Aug 21 20:25
 Poland / Israel etc. new Netsur 15 Aug 21 22:07
 Poland / Israel etc. new Zero 15 Aug 21 22:21
 Poland / Israel etc. new No FM2R 15 Aug 21 22:45
 Poland / Israel etc. new Netsur 16 Aug 21 06:45
 Poland / Israel etc. new sooty123 16 Aug 21 08:00
 Poland / Israel etc. new Zero 16 Aug 21 08:29
 Poland / Israel etc. new Bromptonaut 5 Sep 21 11:58
 Poland / Israel etc. new No FM2R 5 Sep 21 14:33
 Poland / Israel etc. new Lygonos 6 Sep 21 13:17
 Poland / Israel etc. new sooty123 16 Aug 21 08:05